Sun 'n Fun 2006

The avatar is compliments of Diana taken at our favorite fly-in destination.

:)

HPNFlyGirl said:
Thats really cool steve. I love your new avatar too.

Steve said:
Just got word that an AC-47 "Puff the Magic Dragon/Spooky" gunship is scheduled to attend during the week.
Went aboard a Spooky at NAS Jax a few years ago. That is one awesome bird! :lightning::lightning:

Just got off the phone with the WB line chief. They're expecting a C-130 at SnF (not the AC-), and an E-2, about a dozen other active military during the week, as well as 3 C-47s, a PBY, an HU-16 Albatross, a half dozen C-45s, plus a couple of gaggles of Yaks and T-34s. Parking should be interesting. The -22's want 20' clear zone roped off around each plane. Ack!

Frank Browne said:
Oops. I mis-read. It was an AC-130 that I saw. I hate it when that happens.

Sorry, the AC-47 is going to be there. I meant the C-130 that is also going to be there is not the gunship version [as far as I know]. There's a good chance that both planes will be open for tours, but don't hold me to that. It's up to the planes' crews to decide.

smigaldi said:
not an AC-130?? and no AC-47?

And not to slight the L-Birds and Texans, there are high numbers of those pre-registered, too.

Also, a couple of the featured speakers during the week are John Young and Bob Crippen. I think they flew around the world a couple of times or something.

Last edited:
Back