Summoning the Power of the Interwebs Knowledge

Shawn

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
Shawn
...or at least the power of the POA knowledge.

OK, a bit stumped as this is usually my forte. Need help finding a widget...a double threaded insert flange nut.

Have a piece of sheet metal that I have access to the front and back on...can drill a hole any size but need to wind up with a threaded insert with a fairly low profile on the outside face. Welding is not an option...kinda Aviation related...making some custom truck mounts for my Paramotor.

Kinda like the one pictured below but I need the inside thread to be 3/8"...only one I have found is 1/4"

What online hardware link am I missing?...and yes, I googled that s#!t...

Nut.jpg

OK, a bit stumped as this is usually my forte. Need help finding a widget...a double threaded insert flange nut.

Have a piece of sheet metal that I have access to the front and back on...can drill a hole any size but need to wind up with a threaded insert with a fairly low profile on the outside face. Welding is not an option...kinda Aviation related...making some custom truck mounts for my Paramotor.

Kinda like the one pictured below but I need the inside thread to be 3/8"...only one I have found is 1/4"

View attachment 56407

Would this do what you want?: https://www.grainger.com/product/FA...m/rp/s/is/image/Grainger/5NNT0_AS01?$smthumb$

I have used these items - but IIRC you do need a special tool to install them. There are various other styles available, as well.

Dave

View attachment 56407

Try a pool store the pump for my filter attaches to the base with pretty much the same set-up.

Back