Summer Olympics 2016

I've followed the biking more this year than I had in years past. The road course races were intense, for both the men and the women. The final downhill decent was treacherous.

First of all, NBC has been removed from Dish Network for the time being, which ****es me off royally. .

I hate DISH when they do that crap. But they did negotiate pretty quick on NBC so it's back. Now I was really po'd when they kept NFL Network off the air for a month or more. Just got that back a week or so ago. I even sent DISH (actually it was a survey from them) a comment about this problem and asked why my bill isn't adjusted while these channels are off the air. Of course I didn't get e response.

Stolen from a Facebook post:

A friend asked me what I would bring if I was stranded on an island, and could have only three things!

Simple, I told him... I would bring Michael Phelps, a saddle, and a gold medal attached to the end of a stick!

So you're saying you want to ride Michael Phelps....

Ummmmm...

**shuffles away slowly**

I watched women's team volleyball last night. I wonder how long the sets would be if they didn't hug each other after each point.

One event I just remembered to set the DVR for is indoor cycling. Some of that can be pretty good when two top competitors are matched. Sorta reminds me of "a chess match on two wheels" where lots of strategy comes into play to either keep you in the lead, or set up to pass at the right moment to gain the lead.

I watched women's team volleyball last night. I wonder how long the sets would be if they didn't hug each other after each point.

Why, what did you have in mind for them to do instead?

I've followed the biking more this year than I had in years past. The road course races were intense, for both the men and the women. The final downhill decent was treacherous.

Wasn't part of the course on cobblestones? Why in the hell would they set up a bike race on cobblestones?

Is it really a complete cluster, or is the media just up to their old tricks? (water quality, housing incomplete etc etc)

Is it really a complete cluster, or is the media just up to their old tricks? (water quality, housing incomplete etc etc)
In today's media they are only good at bringing things down. There has been nothing positive about the games or very little before they started. So judging by the media accounts before they started I think that the games have gone very well.
Still think that motorcycle hill climb should be an event and that the rider and the bike have to come from the same country they are competing for.

Can you imagine if Charles Lindbergh had made his flight in today's media? When he got back to the states he went on a national tour and one third of all Americans came out to see him!
Nowadays he would have been crucified at the stake ove a post he made on Facebook seven years ago talking bad about a French guy who served him raw snails!

Can you imagine if Charles Lindbergh had made his flight in today's media? When he got back to the states he went on a national tour and one third of all Americans came out to see him!
Nowadays he would have been crucified at the stake ove a post he made on Facebook seven years ago talking bad about a French guy who served him raw snails!

I imagine now the sensationalism would come more from his secret wives and children he had in Germany.

I hate DISH when they do that crap. But they did negotiate pretty quick on NBC so it's back. Now I was really po'd when they kept NFL Network off the air for a month or more. Just got that back a week or so ago. I even sent DISH (actually it was a survey from them) a comment about this problem and asked why my bill isn't adjusted while these channels are off the air. Of course I didn't get e response.

You know that you can get a $10 antenna from walmart and pull NBC off the airwaves for free, right? Your local station is showing the olympics.

You know that you can get a $10 antenna from walmart and pull NBC off the airwaves for free, right? Your local station is showing the olympics.

Yep, I do. However, cheapo antennas don't work worth a flip in a big metal building, in a big natural gas plant, way out in the boonies, 70 miles from the station. Got to have an antenna on a pole.

Yeah except I live in a hilly/mountainous area and the pole would have to be up there with a cell tower lol.

The women's beach volleyball is a good watch and the rugby 7's is fast and fun to watch.

Back