Suggestions wanted...FXE to Key West or FXE to Tampa

asgcpa

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
CPA
Tomorrow going to fly out of FXE. Deciding whether to fly to Keys or across state to Tampa. Suggestions?

Sister lives in Tampa but she is a Doc and way too busy for life....

Oh....people are asking me why I am doing that? Answer: Because I can and its there....

Flew down to EYW from BCT in a friends Mooney last month really great flight and nice time!!! First time in Kew West quick cab ride from the airport to Duval Street and plenty of stuff going on, many places to eat, really great time down there.

Flew down to EYW from BCT in a friends Mooney last month really great flight and nice time!!! First time in Kew West quick cab ride from the airport to Duval Street and plenty of stuff going on, many places to eat, really great time down there.

The trip will basically be land, stretch, use facilities, get coffee, refuel, check weather file flight plan and leave. Maybe(?) see sister if she can sneak away for an hour.

Key West, too bad your sweetie won't get in the plane though. I have also found a Warrior that the guy will allow to fly to the Bahamas. Staniel Cay makes a great get away spot with the airport right there and the bungalows right at the yacht club(low key club). It's pretty much my favorite spot in the Bahamas.

i recommend Key West. I enjoy Duval Street and the many things to see in Key West. The flight is beautiful.

I have also done a number of flights to Tampa Executive, I enjoy that flight also. There are a number of things to do in Tampa.

We flew down to Fort Myers for a week last spring. While we were there, we did a day trip to Key West. A beautiful, one hour trip brought us to another world. I highly recommend it.

How about Marathon? It's right on the water. Same is true of St. Pete's Albert Whitted.

Key West, too bad your sweetie won't get in the plane though. I have also found a Warrior that the guy will allow to fly to the Bahamas. Staniel Cay makes a great get away spot with the airport right there and the bungalows right at the yacht club(low key club). It's pretty much my favorite spot in the Bahamas.

is that out of FXE? which place rents it?

I don't know... everytime I fly down to KEYW it takes me a week to get out of there. Of course Tampa can be fun too.... but a stop,drop,cough and leave is just another way of inhaling some 100LL which is it's own joy.

I don't know... everytime I fly down to KEYW it takes me a week to get out of there. Of course Tampa can be fun too.... but a stop,drop,cough and leave is just another way of inhaling some 100LL which is it's own joy.

First time I went to KEYW it took me 2 years to leave.:lol:

Heads up - FXE will be inside of a MIA TFR tomorrow.

small_3_6372.gif

http://tfr.faa.gov/save_pages/detail_3_6372.html

Looks like it's outer ring which allows local departures and arrivals. He'll have to take the alligator tour to head down lol.

Looks like it's outer ring which allows local departures and arrivals. He'll have to take the alligator tour to head down lol.

Yep...needs a code in the box.

I'm from Tampa. Why would someone go to Tampa when they can go Key West?

TFR may impact your choice, but the scenery to EWY is a lot better than flying over flat central FL going to Tampa.
IF you go to Tampa, go to Peter O. Knight (TPF). Much prettier approach and departure. Just make sure there isn't a C17 practicing short field techniques......
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y1Hp6IHFsZo

Back