Suggestions Please.....

EppyGA

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Let's Fly
Our EAA Chapter had a Long-EZ donated by a gentleman that has terminal cancer. Our job now is to sell it. I'm looking for some idea of its worth. From what we can glean, it hasn't been flown since 1988 or there about. Not entirely sure as to what engine is on it, but it has not been run either. Engine TT is over 2100 hours. Personally, I don't expect we can get much for it at all, just not sure what range it would be in.
Long-Eze (2).jpg Long-Eze (17).jpg

You're an EAA chapter. Turn it into a chapter project to get it flying again. Rebuild the engine.
A LongEZ is not a complicated plane so I wouldn't think it should be an expensive proposition. Get some of the kids from the local school(s) involved.

Then raffle it off and split the proceeds with a worthwhile charity and your Chapter.

You're an EAA chapter. Turn it into a chapter project to get it flying again. Rebuild the engine.
A LongEZ is not a complicated plane so I wouldn't think it should be an expensive proposition. Get some of the kids from the local school(s) involved.

Then raffle it off and split the proceeds with a worthwhile charity and your Chapter.

Not something we want to do right now. We already have an RV-12 that needs to be completed and three major projects our youth are working on. We just need to get rid of it.

No comparables on controller or barnstormers?

Is there an EZ owner's group that could help put a price on it?

It's a project plane for sure which will adversely affect the value. I would take the core value of whatever engine it has and then add a nominal amount for the rest of the plane and see if you could sell it for that.

If you can give me some details and more pictures I can post it to a canard group that may be able to help.

Best pictures I have were the ones posted.

Well without any details and the only pictures being a covered fuselage and some guys holding a wing, I’d say you’re going to have a hard time getting any valuation.

Randy....

Just sent you a PM.....think they call them “Conversations” on site.....

Marl

Our EAA Chapter had a Long-EZ donated by a gentleman that has terminal cancer. Our job now is to sell it. I'm looking for some idea of its worth. From what we can glean, it hasn't been flown since 1988 or there about. Not entirely sure as to what engine is on it, but it has not been run either. Engine TT is over 2100 hours. Personally, I don't expect we can get much for it at all, just not sure what range it would be in.
View attachment 74016 View attachment 74017
Sent you a message

Rob

Sent you a message

Rob
Not something we want to do right now. We already have an RV-12 that needs to be completed and three major projects our youth are working on. We just need to get rid of it.

I’m new here but see this as a project I could take on. Willing to make a donation, how much would you like for it? I’ll hook up a trailer and take it off your hands. Mike 575 590-1276

I’m new here but see this as a project I could take on. Willing to make a donation, how much would you like for it? I’ll hook up a trailer and take it off your hands. Mike 575 590-1276

Are you referring to the RV12?

Im interested in the Long EZ that was donated, I understood you are looking to see it gone. Ebay may not be bad idea but if you have a fair price in mind maybe I could save you the trouble.

Seems like you have 3 interested buyers here. Our EAA chapter in the past sold a few donated items, one was an old Great Lakes air-frame broken into some parts, went relatively cheap. The other was a run out IO-360, sold for a prorated core value I think around $7K.

Back