Suggestions on a stop or two

dweyant

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
Dan
My wife and I are going to be in knoxville next week visiting family. After that we will four days to get home to central Texas. I'm looking for any suggestions for places to stop on the way home.

I'm willing to fly a bit out of the way for something worth checking out, so please share your suggestions.

Thanks,

-Dan

Do not bypass the Staggerwing museum at Tullahoma, TN. It is an easy morning flight from Knoxville, leaving the rest of the day for that and Jack Daniels at Lynchburg.

If your wife is into SHOPPING, I recommend Opry Mills Mall (Nashville, TN)which is back open again after flood damage in 2010. I went there on opening weekend, on the way back home from Sun 'n Fun. There is a BRAND NEW Vera Bradley store there that is fabulous and the entire place has that "new mall" smell. Mmmm.... :D

Last edited:
Do not bypass the Staggerwing museum at Tullahoma, TN. It is an easy morning flight from Knoxville, leaving the rest of the day for that and Jack Daniels at Lynchburg.

:yeahthat:

I included the Staggerwing Museum on my trip, excellent stop. I asked on the radio and luckily another aircraft in the traffic pattern directed me to taxi to the south end of the ramp and then along a grass runway or taxiway that was marked by yellow cones so I could park in front of the Museum.

Attachments

• IMG_0190.JPG
    IMG_0190.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 5
  • IMG_0192.JPG
    IMG_0192.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 5
My wife and I are going to be in knoxville next week visiting family. After that we will four days to get home to central Texas. I'm looking for any suggestions for places to stop on the way home.

I'm willing to fly a bit out of the way for something worth checking out, so please share your suggestions.

Thanks,

-Dan

I also stopped by the Ledgend Cub factory in Sulfur Springs Texas. It was an impromptu tour, but they were nice to let us wander around and ask questions.

Asheville is only 75nm ese...if you've never been it's pretty cool.

Moontown (3m5) should be about on your route and is definitely worth stopping at...on a nice Saturday.

Back