Suggestions for Oral Prep

Georgeyk17

Pre-Flight
Display Name

Display name:
Georgeyk17
I passed my written back in April and was hoping to do my oral and check ride in May or early June. Our plane just went in for new Avionics so it won't be ready for 4 weeks. I'm worried about forgetting my knowledge for the oral. Any suggestions outside of reading the OEG... gets kinda boring.
Thanks.

Schedule practice oral exams with the CFIIs at your flight school. If there are several CFIIs available, that would be a bonus. Each instructor will have a slightly different take on the ACS and provide a unique perspective. Practice oral exams are a great way to identify any deficiencies in your knowledge base, and the stress of not wanting to disappoint an instructor or appear unprepared is great motivation.

Best of luck.

There's several good oral exam videos on YouTube that I found helpful. Reading the suggested chapters from the far/aim is a snoozer, but I picked up songs some gems, it helps you get familiar with how & where to find stuff, and if you carry it around long enough it gets a worn & well used look that dpe's like.

There's several good oral exam videos on YouTube that I found helpful. Reading the suggested chapters from the far/aim is a snoozer, but I picked up songs some gems, it helps you get familiar with how & where to find stuff, and if you carry it around long enough it gets a worn & well used look that dpe's like.

Do you have any favorites for the youtube chanels? Also dont know what you mean with the "songs and gems"

That was a typo lol.... picked up some gems as in found some good stuff.

As far as channels...I mainly just searched for 'privet pilot oral exam'. There's a dpe named Andy Munis (spelling might be off) that has a couple really good ones. Gold Seal has also done several which I think are on YouTube.

Back