Suggestions for Good flying schools around the world..

Spiky

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
Spiky
Good evening folks , i have been reading a lot of the posts here and have a few questions.

I'm from India and have completed my engineering in computer science .But few months into the course i knew i wasn't meant for it.I have always wanted to become a pilot so it was now or never. Now i have a dilemma in choosing from different flight schools around the world and need your help in narrowing down the choices.

Thanks in advance folks..

Spiky,
Welcome to the board ! To answer your question there are NO good flight schools outside of the United States :). After all, we invented powered aviation ! Come to the US and start learning to fly in a tailwheel airplane and then progress from there.

You do know that Dean in Miami specializes in Indian students, right?

http://flymiami.com/

Check the partners link for associated schools in India.

Probably pprune.com would be the place to ask this question, because of licensing restrictions.

You can come here and get an FAA license and use it to fly in any country that accepts ICAO licenses, but that rules rules out most commercial flying in Europe. Most former British Commonwealth countries are the same way, they won't count most flight training conducted in the United States other than a handful of schools that are approved for their system.

So to really answer your question you need to determine where in the world you want to do your professional flying. I suspect you'll find you need a flight school approved for European and/or British Commonwealth training.

Alternate Air INC in Seattle has always had a lot of international students and pilots at Boeing Field (KBFI).

Most major US flight schools have programs specifically tailored to and approved for JAA Standards.

The flight school at which I trained, in Dallas, has special provisions and approvals for India's DGCA.

MonarchAir's Website said:
Monarch Air specializes in international client flight training for several countries including the Directorate General of Civil Aviation (DGCA) for India. Utilizing a regimented training syllabus, clients are able to progress quickly and economically through their training. For more information on our international flight training program, please contact...

http://www.monarchair.com/flightinstruction/international-students

Most major US flight schools have programs specifically tailored to and approved for JAA Standards.

The flight school at which I trained, in Dallas, has special provisions and approvals for India's DGCA.

http://www.monarchair.com/flightinstruction/international-students

US Aviation Academy in Denton, TX, also has many professional pilot from India in addition to many others from Near, Middle, and Far East countries. This school is on the field where I'm based and are really active.

Although I live in the US now, I grew up in Winnipeg Canada. There is a place called Winnipeg Aviation that have a lot of students from India. You may want to look them up.

Spiky,
Welcome to the board ! To answer your question there are NO good flight schools outside of the United States :). After all, we invented powered aviation ! Come to the US and start learning to fly in a tailwheel airplane and then progress from there.

Can you give me a few options to consider in the United States. Flying schools that have a reputation for establishing a good career as a pilot would be most welcomed..:goofy:

Although I live in the US now, I grew up in Winnipeg Canada. There is a place called Winnipeg Aviation that have a lot of students from India. You may want to look them up.

I did have a look at HARV'S AIR pilot training in Winnipeg but I read a few negative reviews about that place. What do you think about it.:confused:

Alternate Air INC in Seattle has always had a lot of international students and pilots at Boeing Field (KBFI).

The Alternate Air InC is cool but I wanna get my Private , Commercial and Instructor Ratings , so would AAI be a good place to start because they seem to be a very small time flying school .:dunno:

The Alternate Air InC is cool but I wanna get my Private , Commercial and Instructor Ratings , so would AAI be a good place to start because they seem to be a very small time flying school .:dunno:

Yes, they can do for probably lowest cost. PM me and I'll refer you to the proper CFIs.

US Aviation Academy in Denton, TX, also has many professional pilot from India in addition to many others from Near, Middle, and Far East countries. This school is on the field where I'm based and are really active.

The USAA is a really good option. Thanks for the suggestion . But according to their website they had mentioned that 98% of their domestic CFI are hired by them. Does this mean i have a greater chance of landing a job in USAA or is this just a marketing stunt.

The USAA is a really good option. Thanks for the suggestion . But according to their website they had mentioned that 98% of their domestic CFI are hired by them. Does this mean i have a greater chance of landing a job in USAA or is this just a marketing stunt.

You will have to contact them for the clarification. It could mean that once you achieve the CFI rank, you now are added to the payroll as you continue to build time toward a position with an air carrier.

But, honestly, I don't know what they mean by that statement.

I did have a look at HARV'S AIR pilot training in Winnipeg but I read a few negative reviews about that place. What do you think about it.:confused:

I think it's Winnipeg Aviation that has the agreement with Indian airliners. I did not train in either place as they were not in business at St. Andrews when I trained there in the late 1970s. Harvs started at their other location in Steinbach. Unfortunately I can't give any firsthand comments about either. I do plan on using Harvs when I visit Winnipeg.

Back