Suggestions for Email Client?

SkyHog

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Everything Offends Me
Ok, so now that I am trying to be Microsoft Independant for a little while - does anyone have a suggestion for an email client that is as powerful (or more) as Microsoft Outlook?

I'm thinking Eudora...pros/cons?

SkyHog said:
Ok, so now that I am trying to be Microsoft Independant for a little while - does anyone have a suggestion for an email client that is as powerful (or more) as Microsoft Outlook?

I hear Mozilla Thunderbird is great, but lacks calendar and task options like Outlook has. I'd switch to Mozilla, but I'm comfortable with Outlook and definitely need the calendar.

Jason

I will definitely suggest that you use Thunderbird over Eudora; it has been very useful, and seamless for me, and I have been using it for about a year.

On the other hand, I have had substantial difficulties with Eudora, and I have always found it to be obtusel designed in its user interface.

YMMV.

SkyHog said:

Nah, I have given myself over to the Dark Lord. MS Office & Outlook.

SkyHog said:
Ok, so now that I am trying to be Microsoft Independant for a little while

I've gotta ask... What operating system are you using? :D :rolleyes: ;) :rofl:

I used to use Eudora and liked it, until Apple came along with Mail.app on OS X.

I'd suggest, if you can, setting up a "dummy" POP account somewhere and trying out the various suggestions. There are quite a few good email clients out there, but the one that's best for you really just depends on which user interface you're most comfortable with.

I started using Thunderbird. I figure its a Mozilla product, and since I've ditched IE for Firefox, it makes sense.

SkyHog said:

I know it's not a "client" as in "a desktop app", but I like Gmail so well I finally removed Outlook....

Troy

SkyHog said:

I've been using Thunderbird and like it. It does some filtering of
junk and learns what you don't like as you identify it.

RT

Back