Suggestions for a shop name?

John Recine

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
John Recine
I figured with the all the shop time I have had in building my Piet I should have a name for my shop too. Any suggestions?

I was thinking about the famed Skunk works but wanted something a bit more origional, just cant seem to come up with anything. I figure with all those new tools I would make a sign to hang outside my basement shop.

I got to lear how to uses that router free hand sometime!

Well gang here is your chance to have your suggestion put into the wood.

John

I was thingking about Grumpworx but not origional enough and a take off on the famous shop of WWII

Last edited:
The Flying Sawdust Mill

(The router free hand isn't too bad. Just practice on stuff you buy from home depot because it's cheaper)

Dang Plane Mill & More

Insufficient IMC at this time to provide greater inspiration!

Stinktierarbeiten

Klunkworks

Although my favorite is from a builder I know: Icarus Plummet Aircraft Factory :D

Recompense

–verb (used with object) 1.to repay; remunerate; reward

I was going to name my company Maybe-Aviation. Imagine answering the phone Maybe-Aviation. hi, I'm looking for an upperafisfram for a Cessna do you have one? Here comes the answer, Maybe!:goofy:

I was going to name my company Maybe-Aviation. Imagine answering the phone Maybe-Aviation. hi, I'm looking for an upperafisfram for a Cessna do you have one? Here comes the answer, Maybe!:goofy:

Heh... I once worked for a company called Another Planet Communications. Tiny place, I was employee #3 including the owner. He'd had a video production business and sold it to Paramount for millions, and then started this one.

Once, someone asked him why he named the new company that.

"Well, I've always wanted to say I was from Another Planet, and now I can!" :rofl:

We used to have a bar in town called "The Office". I always thought that was cute.. "Honey, I'm staying late at The Office tonight." It could fit so many places :D

Peitrbilt Garage

Last edited:
We used to have a bar in town called "The Office". I always thought that was cute.. "Honey, I'm staying late at The Office tonight." It could fit so many places :D

Florida State University, in the early '90's, had a bar named "The Library". I can only imagine the phone calls to the parents!

I figured with the all the shop time I have had in building my Piet I should have a name for my shop too. Any suggestions?

Well after spending about 10 months couped up in my garage/shop building
mine I had a real good name for it ... Dungeon.

RT

I love the Library. Cute waitresses dressed as schoolgirls.

That's hot.

I was thinking about the famed Skunk works but wanted something a bit more origional, just cant seem to come up with anything. I figure with all those new tools I would make a sign to hang outside my basement shop.

I got to lear how to uses that router free hand sometime!

Well gang here is your chance to have your suggestion put into the wood.

John

I was thingking about Grumpworx but not origional enough and a take off on the famous shop of WWII

John, how about the Wind Oscillator? That way if things go bad you can say the poop hit the "wind oscillator".
It can also refer to the prop if you're so inclined :D

Back