Suggest waiting to upgrade to latest iOS

flhrci

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
David
Not bashing Apple. Just suggesting that you wait on any updates in the iOS 9.3 line. CNET says that 9.3 was not activating properly on some devices so Apple just release iOS 9.3.1 which, according to CNET, fixes activation but introduces a weblink bug so iOS 9.3.2 will be coming out very soon.

So, 9.3 is buggy for now.

David

Agreed

When has being a early adopter ever been a good idea?

Last edited:
no problem with 9.3 on iPhone and iPad, nor with 9.3.1 on either one...

I updated my Iphone to the latest version so I could use Verizon's WiFI calling that is only available to Iphone with this latest update. I won't dare do it to my Ipad.. Foreflight issued something about the update but honestly I did not read it.

Not bashing Apple. Just suggesting that you wait on any updates in the iOS 9.3 line. CNET says that 9.3 was not activating properly on some devices so Apple just release iOS 9.3.1 which, according to CNET, fixes activation but introduces a weblink bug so iOS 9.3.2 will be coming out very soon.

So, 9.3 is buggy for now.

David

Lots of inaccurate information in your post.

iOS 9.3 did apparently require users of some older devices to enter the original AppleID credentials for the devices in order to reactivate those devices after the upgrade. This created a problem for users who didn't know or couldn't remember the original AppleID credentials used to activate the device. Apple re-released 9.3 for the affected devices (new build number, but same version) to correct this problem. iOS 9.3.1 was then released for all devices to fix the web link bug.

iOS 9.3 is reported to be one of the most stable releases in the past couple of years. ForeFlight has given the "all clear" to perform the upgrade to iOS 9.3.

JKG

How are they saying its so stable when it just came out, yeah beta testers and all, but I'll wait till it's got some miles on it

Lots of inaccurate information in your post.

iOS 9.3 did apparently require users of some older devices to enter the original AppleID credentials for the devices in order to reactivate those devices after the upgrade. This created a problem for users who didn't know or couldn't remember the original AppleID credentials used to activate the device. Apple re-released 9.3 for the affected devices (new build number, but same version) to correct this problem. iOS 9.3.1 was then released for all devices to fix the web link bug.

iOS 9.3 is reported to be one of the most stable releases in the past couple of years. ForeFlight has given the "all clear" to perform the upgrade to iOS 9.3.

JKG
Please watch Apply Byte video from 3/31/2016 and start at about 2:50 into video. http://www.cnet.com/apple-byte/

Please watch Apply Byte video from 3/31/2016 and start at about 2:50 into video. http://www.cnet.com/apple-byte/

I somehow managed to endure enough of that video to discover that it does not appear to contradict what I previously posted.

Speaking as someone who successfully upgraded two devices which were impacted by the original activation "bug," and subsequently upgraded to 9.3.1 to fix the web links bug (which I never encountered), I also took the time to read Apple's release notes.

JKG

Last edited:
I didn't have any problems with either release.

I somehow managed to endure enough of that video to discover that it does not appear to contradict what I previously posted.

Speaking as someone who successfully upgraded two devices which were impacted by the original activation "bug," and subsequently upgraded to 9.3.1 to fix the web links bug (which I never encountered), I also took the time to read Apple's release notes.

JKG
I tried to help you avoid most of the pain of watching that video. I tried. And I am still not seeing how you arrive at saying "Lots of inaccurate information in your post." Oh well, I tried to help people. Damned if I do, damned if I don't. No way to win.

You will have to pry 8.1.2 from my cold, dead hands.

At least until I catch the next jailbreak release (grandfathered unlimited).

I tried to help you avoid most of the pain of watching that video. I tried. And I am still not seeing how you arrive at saying "Lots of inaccurate information in your post." Oh well, I tried to help people. Damned if I do, damned if I don't. No way to win.

Wow. The only thing I can suggest is for you to re-read the details of what you posted, and compare to the [accurate] details in my post. The bugs that you posted about have already been fixed.

JKG

Last edited:
Back