Suffer the fools

Ken Ibold

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
Ken Ibold
Apparently a local Joe met a hottie named Paulina over the weekend and asked for her phone number. Either he can't read his writing or Paulina was dissing him -- because he's called our home number about 47 times in the last two days.

So my question for dudettes is: Do y'all really give out bogus numbers to ditch the losers?

And for dudes: How many times do you call the wrong number before the truth of the matter finally sinks in?

Signed,
Someone who always got the rejection up front instead of by stealth

Ken Ibold said:
So my question for dudettes is: Do y'all really give out bogus numbers to ditch the losers?

Nah, I just tell him I don't give out my number... then make him look for it... they never find it. Sometimes I like having the last name of Smith.

Missa

Ken Ibold said:
And for dudes: How many times do you call the wrong number before the truth of the matter finally sinks in?
Twice.

Don't ask :)

If anyone wants my number that i don't want to talk to, i give them the local AWOS number.

Back when I lived in N. Carolina, there was a girl I knew that gave out an 800#. It was the KKK toll free #. She got a big kick out of it until word got back to her that a guy that called it was Jewish. Shook him up pretty bad from what I hear. Very nasty recorded message.

Be careful out there!

Best,

Dave

You mean guys ask for numbers and don't just say "meet you at the airport next Thursday at 4:30?"
:eek:

terry

I can't remember the last time I was given a phone number. Based on these anecdotes, pretty sure that if I ever get one, I'll just toss it in the trash.

Next time he calls ....

"Is Paulina there?"

"Ya, thats my wife, what do you want with her?"

Ken Ibold said:
Apparently a local Joe met a hottie named Paulina over the weekend and asked for her phone number. Either he can't read his writing or Paulina was dissing him -- because he's called our home number about 47 times in the last two days.

Signed,

A long time ago there was a guy that was calling my number looking for Barbara (or something). I kept telling him that he had the wrong number, and he sounded pis... unhappy. I was going to say "She's in the shower, but she wanted me to tell you to stop calling.".

But I didn't. He finally quit.

Ken Ibold said:
I did in the long ago past. Nowdays no one asks for my phone number, at least not for that reason. :rolleyes:

most irritating response when asking for a phone number:

"Here, let me give you my email address."

Seriously. Society needs to back off that crap.

SkyHog said:
most irritating response when asking for a phone number:

"Here, let me give you my email address."

Seriously. Society needs to back off that crap.

You wouldn't say that it you were female.

There are lots of scary guys out there and you can't tell them by a few hours. A phone number can be looked up on the internet to give the address. The e-mail is still contact but alot less risky incase you are a stalker. Just be happy she's giving you some way to contact her... she may still be intrested and when she's sure your not a whack job you will get the number.

It is a sad statement of Society but don't judge the woman because she's just trying to make sure she's safe.

Melissa

tonycondon said:
If anyone wants my number that i don't want to talk to, i give them the local AWOS number.

LOL, and hope they call while it's raining... then it's like you told them to go get soaked. Not that they would understand it but I find it funny.

Missa

Last edited:
Missa said:
It is a sad statement of Society but don't judge the woman because she's just trying to make sure she's safe.

Melissa

Oh no Missa - I don't judge the woman. I judge society. I never thought about the safety part - only saw it as the "Technological Millenium" aspect of coolness. Like 'here's my card' type crap.

You make a very valid point. Maybe next time I won't throw away the email address. Heh.

Ken Ibold said:
Me, too -- they never even gave me the weather lady or time numbers. Only way it worked with Fran was I had her trapped in a C-150 at 3000 feet and she hadn't yet reached landings in her training.;)

Ken Ibold said:
Signed,

I got dissed that way once. When I phoned and the security dept of the Sequoyah Nuclear power plant answered, I got the message. Then I had a good laugh.

Ron Levy said:
Me, too -- they never even gave me the weather lady or time numbers. Only way it worked with Fran was I had her trapped in a C-150 at 3000 feet and she hadn't yet reached landings in her training.;)

Now that is mean ;)

mgkdrgn said:
Next time he calls ....

"Is Paulina there?"

"Ya, thats my wife, what do you want with her?"
I thought of the line from the movie Ruthless People, but I don't have the guts to actually say it.

"Yeah, she's here, but she can't come to the phone because my ..."

Ack, I can't even type a sanitized version!!!

Ken Ibold said:
I thought of the line from the movie Ruthless People, but I don't have the guts to actually say it.

Danny DeVito.

Ken Ibold said:

Now I am really curious.

Jeez, I've been out of this game for so long, I forget what its like. I think the best way of meeting people is doing things you like whether its flying, skiing, skydiving, scuba, etc. That way they get to know you're not a whack job and your probably friends of their friends so people they trust can vouch for your character.

Aim conversation with a girl last night went like:

me: hey.. how's it going?
heraimscreenname: who is this?
me: uh, remember me...jesse
heraimscreenname: oh. hey.
heraimscreenname signed off at 10:22PM

She blocked me.

Think that qualifies as rejection?

jangell said:
She blocked me.

Think that qualifies as rejection?

No, for your generation, that's just non-affirmation.

:)

Anthony said:
Jeez, I've been out of this game for so long, I forget what its like. I think the best way of meeting people is doing things you like whether its flying, skiing, skydiving, scuba, etc. That way they get to know you're not a whack job

Early 90's skiing with friends at Alta in Utah, they were novices, so I was riding the singles line on the good hills. Rode up single with a good looking girl, and turned out she was good on the skiis. We hung together all day, and it turned out she was an intern at NYU medical school. (I was living in Poughkeepsie at the time.)

So, I travelled to the city on weekends and we dated for a while. Long story only moderately long, she still turned out to be a whack job. Many skeletons, from a very disfunctional family, etc. She and her family were quite loaded, but not worth the bagage. I ran from that one...

HPNFlyGirl said:
What a B!$&% oh i mean looser. Sorry that happened Jesse.

haha.. my thoughts exactly.

Ken Ibold said:

O.K. Ken, now you've caused me to ruin my keyboard!!!

How the heck does one get coffee out of the keynost brsohjh?

Bill Jennings said:
Long story only moderately long, she still turned out to be a whack job. Many skeletons, from a very disfunctional family, etc. She and her family were quite loaded, but not worth the bagage. I ran from that one...

Not quite the whack job I was thinking of... more along the lines of the whack job who get tracked down after someone finds a bloody ravaged body in the trunk of a car. Untill I'm fairly sure your not one of those your not going to get my number or anyway to find where I live.

Missa

Missa said:
Not quite the whack job I was thinking of... more along the lines of the whack job who get tracked down after someone finds a bloody ravaged body in the trunk of a car.

You're right, not that whacked. While she only had tried to off herself multiple times, I didn't want to wait around to see if she'd try to off someone else. And, it turns out she was bi (nothing wrong with bi, have some good bi friends, just don't want to date one), and the f'd up family...

Good for a romp, but not long term material.

Bill Jennings said:
You're right, not that whacked. While she only had tried to off herself multiple times, I didn't want to wait around to see if she'd try to off someone else. And, it turns out she was bi (nothing wrong with bi, have some good bi friends, just don't want to date one), and the f'd up family...

Good for a romp, but not long term material.

Agreed there have been several who have gotten my number that were compleatly unsuitable for the long run... in fact I'm still looking for Mr. Suitable

Missa

Missa said:
Agreed there have been several who have gotten my number that were compleatly unsuitable for the long run... in fact I'm still looking for Mr. Suitable

Missa
I'd volunteer, but I think my wife would kill me, so...sorry. ;)

How 'bout the nice looking, sweet sounding lady who still lives in the same house with her husband but says they've been on the outs for 15 years? I politely declined (several times) to pursue any further.

Back