Subarus To Oshkosh !! (KMCI)

Re: Subarus 2 Oshkosh !! (KMCI)

I think Jim is aware of the diagonal route. I posted it here quite some time back.

That's true. A couple of things have changed ...

... We are departing KC Saturday evening and hoping to make the I-80 Truck Stop near Davenport around midnight. Hole up there in the friendly confines of dozens of truckers and ...

...Depart early morning Sunday and get to Oshkosh around noon.

Yes, it is an hour more, but that big truck stop with showers on Sunday morning are awfully inviting rather than holing up with the doors locked at some lonely Iowa rest stop and hoping that the one-armed man isn't around to bash our heads in.

Jim

Re: Subarus 2 Oshkosh !! (KMCI)

That's true. A couple of things have changed ...

... We are departing KC Saturday evening and hoping to make the I-80 Truck Stop near Davenport around midnight. Hole up there in the friendly confines of dozens of truckers and ...

...Depart early morning Sunday and get to Oshkosh around noon.

Yes, it is an hour more, but that big truck stop with showers on Sunday morning are awfully inviting rather than holing up with the doors locked at some lonely Iowa rest stop and hoping that the one-armed man isn't around to bash our heads in.

Jim

I can see your point.

It is I-80 every truck stop will be full of trucks all across the state. We try and keep all the meth heads in southern Iowa :wink2:

Even from Walcott you could take highway 61 north to DBQ and take the route from there.

Safe travels!

Kansas City base here. The Saturn (Cyndi's cardboard Subaru) is launching.

See youse guyses around noon Sunday.

Jim & Cyndi

Kansas City base here. The Saturn has returned to home base with the Oshkoshonauts not quite halfway home to California.

Resting here until Wednesday of next week and then launching for home.

What a HELL of a good time. Especial thanks to our gracious hosts Grant and Leslie P for letting us crash Camp Bacon as virgin Schollerites. (That's the LAST thing Cyndi and I will do as virgins, but that's another story altogether.)

Best to all ... will report from Left Coast Base when we get there.

Cyndi & Jim

Take her to the Charcoal Pit, which is right on the edge of the N40. Order either the walleye pike (good) or the lake perch (fantastic) dinner.

I know it's probably too late, but always next year. If you have access to a vehicle, I like Wendt's about halfway down 45 between Oshkosh and Fond Du Lac.

Same great Lake perch, but a view of the lake. Always packed with EAAers, and usually a float plane or 2 tied up or flying doing splash and go's. My kids loved watching that this year.

Back