Sub 'n Fun Weight Gain

Piloto

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
Piloto
After walking for three days at Sun 'n Fun I thought I was going to loose weight. To my disappointment I gained 4 pounds without eating no more than my normal. The same thing happened when took my grandaugther to Disney and other parks. However when I stay at home and lay on my recliner for 2 hours daily at siesta time I can easily loose weight if I miss a meal or eat less. What is wrong with my metabolism? Why exercise does not work on me? Any suggestions or coments?

José

Vendor food is very salty, and we take more and more time in our demographic to get rid of it. Welcome to your demographic.

I think I lost about 5 lbs over the last 4 days of SnF, though I didnt eat a whole lot of food, was too busy walking around and looking at planes.

I'm going home later today... But not getting on my scale until later this week. Too scared at the thought. :hairraise: I did a lot of walking during the show, but also ate restaurant meals for a straight week with a group of friends whose very existence since its inception has been based on flying out to airport restaurants to eat! :rolleyes: I also found out that the Sunset Grill is also no place to eat if you want to eat low salt and/or low carb. LOL. I still am very happy I went... This trip was my Oshkosh this year, so it was worth the extra effort I will have to make after getting home to get my weight back to "normal". :rolleyes2:

As Dr. Bruce has alluded to, any drastic weight swing over a short period (days) is due to water retention. I'm keenly aware of the salt effect on weight gain and loss.

One thing I love about flying vacations. Flying down to Sun N Fun I didn't eat anything. While attending Sun N Fun I didn't eat anything (nothing there I would really care to eat). Flying back I didn't eat anything. Might not have lost weight, but I didn't gain any!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back