Sturgis Kentucky Bar and Grill

jasstech

Pre-Flight
Display Name

Display name:
jasstech
We flew to Sturgis, Kentucky to watch the eclipse and decided to check out the nearby bar and grill. Google said it was nearly a mile but there was a back road straight there from the airport so it was much closer to a half mile.

The airport staff was super friendly but so busy with handling the traffic for the eclipse I didn't bother them to find out if transportation was available and just walked there.

Our first impression upon walking in was that it could have been a bad decision. It isn't the best kept place and they had their share of flies inside.

I grew up in the midwest and have been to my share of places like this. I knew that most likely this was going to be really good food or we might be getting sick on the way home.

We ordered hamburgers, fries, and fried gizzards and waited. When we first arrived there weren't many people there but as we waited more locals started pouring in, and we started feeling better about our decision to eat there.

When the food arrived and we started chowing down any lingering doubts were squashed. The food was delicious!

It was a 3 hour flight for us to get there so it won't be a regular stop, but if we are in the area again we will be stopping in.

In addition to the food being great the staff was friendly and treated us as the locals even though we told them we flew in from northwest Ohio.

If you are looking for somewhere to eat in the western Kentucky area, stop at Sturgis and walk to the bar and grill.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Back