Stupidest thing I've ever done in a plane

poadeleted21

Touchdown! Greaser!
Took my neighbors kids flying today. Ages 4 and 6. I have 2 pair of Bose A20s (one for me, one for my wife), I let them wear them :yikes: I took the David Clarks that I keep as a spare.

That was the most concerned I have ever been in an airplane.

We also planned a mid flight stop so that we could have them swap seats and needed all things to be equal.

On a more serious note, the A20s actually shrunk down nicely and fit them well overall. For their ages, they are really well behaved kids, so I didn't really have that much concern.

I given a number of first rides to kids, even relatively young kids. I've made it a practice to always have another adult on board. I don't want to be flying and have to deal with a kid who's freaking out. After they've been up once and done fine, I'll take them alone. (Assuming they're not of an age where they might melt down for other reasons.):wink2:

It is really fun to see the grins of a first ride.

John

I given a number of first rides to kids, even relatively young kids. I've made it a practice to always have another adult on board. I don't want to be flying and have to deal with a kid who's freaking out. After they've been up once and done fine, I'll take them alone. (Assuming they're not of an age where they might melt down for other reasons.):wink2:

It is really fun to see the grins of a first ride.

John

They're good kids, I really didn't have any worries about their behavior. I said "now is the time you have to be quiet" didn't hear a peep. I said you can talk to each other now and flipped the ISO switch. The 6 year old had been up with me before so the 4 year old had been asking me to take him. His mom said the first thing he said the next morning was that he was going to come over to my house and see if I wanted to go flying with him again. He was funny, i had to plop him down in the pilots seat while i preflighted the plane, he HAD to get in it.

Last edited:
Dumbest thing I ever did in an airplane was to say "I'll take it".

I paid cash... and loaded the pile of junk on a trailer... and brought it home from Pittsburgh!!!

That was two years ago... taxied it Saturday...

I proposed to my first wife. :dunno:

Nice - I also run with a bunch of crazy hot-air balloonists, I proposed to my wife with her in the basket of a friends ballon, she said a hot-air balloon flight was on her bucket list and I caught her completely by surprise.

Dumbest thing I ever did in an airplane was to say "I'll take it".

I paid cash... and loaded the pile of junk on a trailer... and brought it home from Pittsburgh!!!

That was two years ago... taxied it Saturday...

So when's the big day?

Not exactly sure yet Dunc... But it's way closer than it was two months ago.

I'd say within,,, two weeks to a month.

Will depend on some bs stuff I have to work out...

I'll keep you posted...

Not exactly sure yet Dunc... But it's way closer than it was two months ago.

I'd say within,,, two weeks to a month.

Will depend on some bs stuff I have to work out...

I'll keep you posted...

Roger, call me if you need anything.

Well keep some time open later in the month to come to 4N1... I'm 10 minutes away at NK79.

Hey what happened to your visit???

Back