Stupid things people call 911 for.

cavmedic

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
Qamakazi
So I am listening to the local PD dispatch on my 2 way in my work truck, and I hear a 911 call dispatched to one of the county units.

"Unit XX. See the complainant regarding vibrations from Helicopters. Complainant states that they can not get any work done ."

SERIOUSLY WTF. People like that need to be cited for 911 abuse.

I did a tour with the local county for about 5 years as a dispatcher , and some of the calls we would get really made you sit back and wonder why someone would think a Cop can or would do anything about their "problem".

But this one really takes the cake. I have to dig back through the archives online to see where this was.

I hear ya.

My favorite that I saw on a newscast was

"911, my child will not do his homework and is being ugly to me"

Might have been a call to the non-emergency number that led to the dispatch... still a stupid thing to call a cop about, but not necessarily a bogus 911 call.

It was an epidemic right after 9/11. Suspicious white powder in a box of frosted flakes. Two dead raccoons right next to each other on the side of a road. Those are only what I remember off hand.

It was an epidemic right after 9/11. Suspicious white powder in a box of frosted flakes. Two dead raccoons right next to each other on the side of a road. Those are only what I remember off hand.

I was working the night shift for 9-11. The following evening with all the flight restrictions, we were getting calls for med-evacs that were cleared for emergency flights and told they were black helicopters etc etc.

I even had a few units dispatched and chasing a satellite because they
( 911 callers) seen the blinking light crossing the sky. ....

I was working the night shift for 9-11. The following evening with all the flight restrictions, we were getting calls for med-evacs that were cleared for emergency flights and told they were black helicopters etc etc.

I even had a few units dispatched and chasing a satellite because they
( 911 callers) seen the blinking light crossing the sky. ....
I was a school bus driver at the time, and most every parent was white-faced when I dropped off their kids and were just happy they were ok. My fire department pretty much put itself on stand-by mode, and some guys would hear a jet thinking there was something nuts about it. Of course, it was just an F-16 probably out of Atlantic City, but that minute or so they ran out the bay doors to see what it was.

I did a tour with the local county for about 5 years as a dispatcher , and some of the calls we would get really made you sit back and wonder why someone would think a Cop can or would do anything about their "problem".

But this one really takes the cake. I have to dig back through the archives online to see where this was.

Were you with MCED up at the prison? The one you mentioned was nutty but I've seen worse. I'm a township supervisor just east of you and our PD got called out because a woman could not get her parking break off and one woman called because her son would not get out of bed to go to school.

Were you with MCED up at the prison? The one you mentioned was nutty but I've seen worse. I'm a township supervisor just east of you and our PD got called out because a woman could not get her parking break off and one woman called because her son would not get out of bed to go to school.

I worked for Berks County. Prior to moving to Montco where car insurance instantly went up by 90 bucks a year.

This doesn't fit the "stupid" category but I'll pass it along. I was back in Thomaston, Maine, at the public landing. I wanted to see the gorgeous something like 41' sailboat tied to the float. At dead low tide it was a steep descent to the float. Yup; the boat, built by Cabot Lyman(Lyman-Morse Boat Builders, not far away) was pristine.

I heard a car drive in and park, above me, of course. The door closed, after which there there was a rather crude exclamation of frustration, said door having locked the ignition keys inside. Police Dept. was called re the somewhat emergency. Officers had long-since discontinued slim-jim procedures. However, an exception was made and the procedure was used to open the man's vehicle. The driver/yachtsman appreciated it, he being actor Christopher Reeve/Superman, who was arriving to go sailing along the New England coast. He always had his boat winter-stored at Lyman-Morse, and it had just been put back into the water to await his arrival.

HR

Back