Stupid question re: engine heater...

flyingcheesehead

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
iMooniac
So, I just got the sticker in the mail from the Reiff installation. I went to put it in the logbook, and then this question occurred to me:

Does it go in the airframe logbook or the engine logbook?

My first thought is that it is an engine accessory, but I think that everything except the oil pan heater can be re-used on another engine after overhaul or replacement, which made me think that maybe it should go in the airframe logbook.

What say ye, maintenance experts?

So, I just got the sticker in the mail from the Reiff installation. I went to put it in the logbook, and then this question occurred to me:

Does it go in the airframe logbook or the engine logbook?

My first thought is that it is an engine accessory, but I think that everything except the oil pan heater can be re-used on another engine after overhaul or replacement, which made me think that maybe it should go in the airframe logbook.

What say ye, maintenance experts?
Mine's in the airframe logs. If you expect to keep the heater when the engine is changed out that's where it should be IMO but if you'd leave it on the engine that's exchanged for a reman it ought to go in the engine log.

Mine's in the airframe logs. If you expect to keep the heater when the engine is changed out that's where it should be IMO but if you'd leave it on the engine that's exchanged for a reman it ought to go in the engine log.

Since I won't have the plane any more when the engine gets done, reman vs. OH won't be my call. However, I guess that the likelihood of the engine being swapped out and the heater staying with it is quite low, so I'm gonna stick it in the airframe log.

The general rule is, If it is in the illustrated parts break down for the engine, it goes in the engine log, if not, the airframe log.

Back