Studying for the IFR Exam....

lsimonds

Pre-Flight
Display Name

Display name:
Lisa Simonds
Tonight I'm on the road in yet another Hampton Inn. I was working a little while ago and I thought, "I should take some time to study for my instrument written". Then I thought, "I don't have to because I passed it this morning!" :yes:

Got a 100 after never getting a perfect score on any of the 20 or so practice exams I took!

Lisa

Congratulations! A perfect score! :cheerswine:

Just don't give up the books just yet. You need to stay primed for the oral exam.

Wow, congrats Lisa! That's impressive. After all, I know everything and I only got a 95. :rolleyes: :rofl:

I don't think I ever got a 100 on any of the practice exams. What are you using, Gleim's? I think I got a 98 or 96 on the real one though and that was usually my high end on the practice ones with an average closer to 92.

Scott where in the world are you that you are posting at this hour?

Scott where in the world are you that you are posting at this hour?

Two possible answers to that one:

1) Insomniac City, just like the rest of us! :D

2) An hour behind YOU!!! What are you doing posting at 3:40 AM anyway? :eek: That's MY job! :rofl:

LOL 3rd shifter here Kent! It's nice to lurk around here at this hour.

Answer 1 is the correct one. just got home yesterday for the first time in three weeks and got hit by a bunch of legal stuff with my mom's estate I am going to have to deal with plus I see my account later today for my taxes. Last year was a very painful visit as I had under paid a lot of taxes due to an estate settlement and had taken a lot of my pay last year in stock options that I exercised.

Ugh I hear ya -- I had a 2 month salary continuation severance with some bonus' and all of it was non taxed (OUCH - it hurts)

I don't think I ever got a 100 on any of the practice exams. What are you using, Gleim's? I think I got a 98 or 96 on the real one though and that was usually my high end on the practice ones with an average closer to 92.

I went through the King DVDs and I used ASA Prepware to study the questions in each subject area and take the practice tests. It seemed to be a really good combination of products for my study habits.

Congratulations! I got a hundred too, but that's only because I am an extreme nerd. :D

Back