Student Pilot with no name cuts off nose

mikea

Touchdown! Greaser!
Gone West
Display Name

Display name:
iWin
:hairraise:
DANBURY -- The student pilot who landed an airplane on her first solo flight Monday afternoon at Danbury Municipal Airport after the nose wheel broke off is still not being identified.

At least any public official connected with the emergency is saying he doesn't know her name or won't tell.

More than 20 city employees responded to the drama, after the front wheel broke off as the student made the first attempt to land; she immediately took off to try again and radioed for help.

http://www.newstimeslive.com/news/story.php?id=1025094

Don't think it's Dan's club's Cherokee. It looks like an Arrow.

This wouldn't happen with a Cherokeee. Don't ask me how I know. :rolleyes:

:hairraise:

Don't think it's Dan's club's Cherokee. It looks like an Arrow.

This wouldn't happen with a Cherokeee. Don't ask me how I know. :rolleyes:
N44635 is Assigned
Serial Number 28-7415690 Type Registration Corporation Manufacturer Name
PIPER
Certificate Issue Date
07/16/2003 Model
PA28-151
Status
Valid Type Aircraft
Fixed Wing Single-Engine
Type Engine
Reciprocating Pending Number Change
None

If you look at the mains you can also those are not retracts.

N44635 is Assigned
Serial Number 28-7415690 Type Registration Corporation Manufacturer Name
PIPER
Certificate Issue Date
07/16/2003 Model
PA28-151
Status
Valid Type Aircraft
Fixed Wing Single-Engine
Type Engine
Reciprocating Pending Number Change
None

If you look at the mains you can also those are not retracts.

Wow. It was more than a little nose low on the first landing attempt, then.

Dan's club Cherokee is a lot older than that.

Why the panic over not letting her name be known?? One hardly ever sees pilots named in little mishaps like this. I wonder if they print the name of every driver involved in a fender bender?

Seems as though the author of the article is thinking there is some great conspiracy involved instead of just reporting on the accident.

I hope she does fly again. Something like that can mess with your confidence.

If that was her first lost-gear landing on a first solo, I'm pretty dang impressed. And, I agree. I hope she does fly again.

One of the mags had a good story this last year of a woman who landed, bounced badly, bent the prop then went off into the ditch. While the FBO owner wasn't thrilled in seeing his plane damaged, his response to her wanting to quit was to encourage her to never give up... to take it, learn from it and grow a better pilot.

If that was her first lost-gear landing on a first solo, I'm pretty dang impressed. And, I agree. I hope she does fly again.

One of the mags had a good story this last year of a woman who landed, bounced badly, bent the prop then went off into the ditch. While the FBO owner wasn't thrilled in seeing his plane damaged, his response to her wanting to quit was to encourage her to never give up... to take it, learn from it and grow a better pilot.

Several years ago I watched student bounce onto the nosegear of a Beech Sport and proceed to nearly tear the whole assembly off the plane. Skidding down the runway on the folded gear lit the tire on fire. A lineman and I went out on the runway and put out the fire as the student bolted from the plane (with master and fuel still on etc), got in his car, and left the airport (never to return AFaIK). Not much later I ran into the student's instructor who was mostly worried about what the FAA was going to do to him (the CFI). I don't know whether or not the student ever returned to flying, but I doubt it.

one of my first students lost directional control and put an archer into the cornfield next to the runway. he was soloing without my knowledge and just over his crosswind limit. FAA cant do anything to a student pilot, i had a friendly (it actually was) phone call with a guy from the FSDO about it. I suppose if a student did something blatantly illegal or negligent then a 709 ride for the CFI would be in order but with stuff like this where the only damage is to egos and metal, I dont think the FAA worries much about it.

Back