Student pilot certificate laundered/torn

kevmor99

Pre-Flight
Display Name

Display name:
kevmor99
I have a student who accidentally left his student pilot certificate/medical in his clothes when he washed them. It's readable and is all intact except the certificate number seperated (he still has it and it's readable, it's just not attached). Does he need to get a new one? I tried the FSDO but couldn't reach anyone. I'd like to give a definite answer to my student before he goes and gets a replacement... Thanks!

If you have the number, and get it registered IACRA, can you get a new one printed?

I have a student who accidentally left his student pilot certificate/medical in his clothes when he washed them. It's readable and is all intact except the certificate number seperated (he still has it and it's readable, it's just not attached). Does he need to get a new one? I tried the FSDO but couldn't reach anyone. I'd like to give a definite answer to my student before he goes and gets a replacement... Thanks!

Either the FSDO or a DPE can issue another one.

If the parts are legible as you say they are, simply scotch tape them together ( especially if the person is close to obtaining their ticket) and press on! However.....if your really a nervous type, insist that he get a new one.

My Student Cert lived tucked into the back of my logbook, where it had to go with me all of the time, and was safe from cursory damage.

Back