Stromberg NA-S3B Carb A65-- HELP!!

gb387

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
gb387
Ok to make a long story short I have a Air Sled (runs on the snow) that I am working on restoring that was my grandfathers. He passed it on to me and I needed his help to get it running but he passed away before we could make it happen. I have two Stromberg NA-S3B Carbs one is in bad shape but has plenty of usable parts and was on the air sled originally. This is powered by a continental A65. I have another Stromberg NA-S3B thats in great shape and I have been told was removed from a running C-85. What will I need to change over to get the newer carb ready for the A65 FROM the original one? I am not very familiar with these and as mentioned I don't have the help I once had.

I simply don't know where to turn for help, I have posted in another forum and other than poor information or "get something different" posts they were of little help. The idea is to restore this as it was when it was built. Can anyone help or direct me in the correct direction to get help?? Thanks!!

Brandon

Does the old c-65 carb run ?

You can remove the fuel metering jets from the 65 and put them in the 85, I believe the venturi is the same size. If not, change it too.

I'd try the 65 before I played with it.

It did run on the old carb years ago but it was sitting outside for years and the carb seems to have lots of wear in the movable parts. Are the jets labeled/numbered so I can match them up and see if they really are different?

It did run on the old carb years ago but it was sitting outside for years and the carb seems to have lots of wear in the movable parts. Are the jets labeled/numbered so I can match them up and see if they really are different?

No, they are measured with a numbered drill set.
That old 65 carb may surprise you, try it before you tear it down. There are throttle shaft bushings that can tighten up the shaft to body bearing holes. you buy them at the local hardware store.

Back