Stress Related Anxiety with C3 MC

jcepiano

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
jcepiano
Over the last few days, I could tell that my blood pressure was slowly rising and last night after checking at home, It was reading 172/100 which is starting to move into see a doctor immediately territory.

I went to the ER, got checked out with an EKG and a series of BP readings over 2 hours (which consistently went down after my arrival). After explaining to the NP that I had a close family friend suffer a mild stroke last week and have been under pressure with work, she was certain this was a one-time escalation of BP due to anxiety. EKG came back clean without any concerns. She gave me a single 1mg Ativan pill and then gave me a prescription for 10 pills to use as necessary before sleeping.

Only after my visit, did I find out that Ativan is not approved by the FAA. Now that I've been comforted by knowing nothing was physically wrong with me, I don't believe I'll be filling the prescription.

Is there anything I should be concerned about? Do I need to report this immediately or if I just not take any further pills? Next AME meeting is in 4 years.

I'm flying tomorrow but it will be over 36 hours since I took the single dose of Ativan at the ER and I feel far better after I slept well.

Thanks for your advice!

ER diagnosis was Anxiety. No prior history of any issues before this particular week.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back