Stress and chest pain

C

Coming clean

Almost two years ago I went to an express care for stress and failed to declare this on my 8500. In preparation of coming clean, I requested a record of the visit from the center. The PA also diagnosed acute chest pain in addition to stress. Will I need to do a stress test treadmill run?

I’m aware of the possible penalties for the omission so please to beat the dead horse.

get records and make an appointment with your AME - discuss!

Make sure appointment is a consultation, not a live exam. The difference is a consultation is a doctor-patient discussion of your case with nothing being submitted to AMCD. The correctly chosen AME can advise you on how to proceed, what documents to obtain, how to build the submission in the right format, and be your advocate in the process.

Only once you have found this AME and know that you will be more than 100% successful in submitting to the FAA should you go with a live exam and send in the submission packet.

Last edited:
FAA is not going to let a chest pain visit in an adult male off (simply). You will need the stress treadmill run to targets appropriate to you age, and a letter from the PCP as to whether you do or do not have a diagnosis of coronary disease.

ONLY if the record CLEARLY STATES "chest WALL pain" might you not need this.

Then there is the issue of anxiety. That requires a read of the record and and comment from the PCP.

Last edited:
This was two years ago. Are you still having symptoms? Are you a glutton for punishment.

This was two years ago. Are you still having symptoms? Are you a glutton for punishment.
The point is to have a complete and adequate package when you next interact with FAA, so that the medical officer has the option to “Issue and warn”, if you present no options—-> he’ll be inclined to throw you to “pilot discipline”.

The point is to have a complete and adequate package when you next interact with FAA, so that the medical officer has the option to “Issue and warn”, if you present no options—-> he’ll be inclined to throw you to “pilot discipline”.
What about the failure to disclose? I find it hard to imagine they just say "oh, well you're fine now, no foul".

what does a warning letter say? “Do it again and you will not pass GO and you will precede straight to jail”? Weak monopoly reference

What about the failure to disclose? I find it hard to imagine they just say "oh, well you're fine now, no foul".

that you come clean and have basic docs supporting your claim? yes we do - we report with our explanation and issue

It could have been 4-5 years after the doctors visit that he got the medical.

Forgetting a doctors’ visit 4 years ago (that resulted in no conclusions) is totally understandable.

It could have been 4-5 years after the doctors visit that he got the medical.

Forgetting a doctors’ visit 4 years ago (that resulted in no conclusions) is totally understandable.
this totally depends on how “material” the omission really is. I too have gathered the documentation and issued. This one “depends”....

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back