Stratux problem

murphey

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
murphey
All of a sudden...Until last week, Pi, wifi and 2 antennas worked fine. Now? Nothing. Pi and the wifi work great. But as soon as I connect one of the antennas, no more wifi. I'm using the original battery. Is this possibly a power problem? Anyone got any ideas?

Sure sniffs like a power problem. If I can find the little USB volt/ammeter gadget, I could measure one of my receivers and then you could borrow it and measure one of yours.

But if both receivers are doing it, it doesn't pass the "what changed" smell test.

If it's power, it would seem to indicate something either blown in the USB power supply section of the board, that acts up when higher current is drawn from it, or something non-power altogether.

What does the OS log file say? Is the wifi device actually dropping offline in the logs when the receiver dongle is plugged in? (Would be logged as a device removal from USB...)

I'd also check really "dumb stuff" like seeing if the logs after you using it for a month or two filled the filesystem and plugging in any device pushes it over the edge. Does plugging a mouse and keyboard into it cause any wifi "distress"? :)

Back