Stratux help, free beer

Lachlan

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
Lachlan
I have a new Stratux built on a Pi 3 board with 978 and 1090 receivers, the GPYes chip, and the AHRS module. Everything works except the AHRS. It doesn't work on the Stratux page (192.168.10.1) on my iPad or laptop, nor does it work in ForeFlight. It shows up on both the Stratux status page and Foreflight, but it does not respond to changes in position of the Stratux unit. I have the v1.4r5 image loaded on the Pi 3. I cannot set the forward position of the AHRS on the Stratux settings page; it says "Error, try again." I've tried again. And again. Rebooted many times, tried again. Re-imaged SD card, reloaded, re-tried. I'm stuck. Any help here? Beers are on me for whoever can get this working. :)

Do you have the small AHRS board the plugs onto the header?

When you are powered up, does the fan run?

Mine is in the plane, so I can't look at things or find suggestions based on the looking the web app.

When you are powered up, does the fan run?

Mine is in the plane, so I can't look at things or find suggestions based on the looking the web app.

Fan kicks on at initial boot, and comes on if the board gets hot enough. All other functions work properly. GPYes, 978 and 1090, etc. Just not a functioning AHRS data field. On the Stratux status page (from 192.168.10.1) the AHRS shows as recognized, but the "ATT" button is red. The "GPS" and "ALT" buttons are green. I can't calibrate it or set it. It seems like the Pi sees it, the software version sees it, the fan is being controlled correctly, but the data doesn't get picked up. When powered up there is a red light and a green light. All other Stratux functions work, except AHRS.

I just made the exact same setup myself and it worked flawlessly on the first startup. I "flew" around my living room and the AHRS was responding appropriately. Could it be a faulty chip?

Dug in the settings? I vaguely recall having to flip some bit for AHRS.

Which pi image did you use?

From reddit - "If you want Foreflight to be able to display AHRS data you need to be running the dangerzone firmware. It changes a few things about Stratux and is quite jerky due to the way it is emulating a Stratus 2."

Which pi image did you use?

From reddit - "If you want Foreflight to be able to display AHRS data you need to be running the dangerzone firmware. It changes a few things about Stratux and is quite jerky due to the way it is emulating a Stratus 2."

Not true anymore. ForeFlight accepts the standard Stratux software.

Does the standard Stratux software work with the AHRS?

My new AHRS module arrived before the old one hit the return envelop on its way back to Amazon. Installed and booted and instantly successful. AHRS now works and combined with Synthetic Vision in ForeFlight is a really cool little gadget to have along in the airplane. The ADS-B wx and data is cool. Not much traffic around here to be functional yet, but I have not flown anywhere that has any traffic since I got it working. Hopefully this weekend- wx looks decent for Sunday. (Too much rain/fog/low ceilings this Fall.) I'm running v1.4r5 and it works very well.

My new AHRS module arrived before the old one hit the return envelop on its way back to Amazon. Installed and booted and instantly successful. AHRS now works and combined with Synthetic Vision in ForeFlight is a really cool little gadget to have along in the airplane. The ADS-B wx and data is cool. Not much traffic around here to be functional yet, but I have not flown anywhere that has any traffic since I got it working. Hopefully this weekend- wx looks decent for Sunday. (Too much rain/fog/low ceilings this Fall.) I'm running v1.4r5 and it works very well.

Glad it turned out to be simple. Enjoy.

Back