Stratux & Foreflight - need a little help

Half Fast

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Half Fast
My Crewdog Stratux has been working fine for years, but suddenly I'm having problems with Foreflight. I have an iPad Air running iox 12.5.2 and an iPad Mini 4 running 14.x.x. On both pads, FF tells me "No supported devices connected." The Stratux is connected via wifi, and in FF I can see motion indications from AHRS so I know something is talking, but FF won't track GPS.

Additional info - the stratux seems to work fine with FltPlanGo, so this is apparently an issue unique to ForeFlight. Thanks much for any help!

First thing I do any time there is an issue between my Stratux and Foreflight is to reflash the SD card for the Stratux. 2 reasons:
1. Re-flashing usually involves downloading the latest image, so you get the latest software
2. The cards/data can become corrupt after a length of time in use. Reflashing will make sure you've got a clean install.

First thing I do any time there is an issue between my Stratux and Foreflight is to reflash the SD card for the Stratux. 2 reasons:
1. Re-flashing usually involves downloading the latest image, so you get the latest software
2. The cards/data can become corrupt after a length of time in use. Reflashing will make sure you've got a clean install.

Can you point me to instructions and files for re-flashing?

The most recent software and instructions are at

stratux.me

but I don’t know if this is what Crewdog uses.

Looks like there may be more than one issue. I noticed the red LED was flashing, and the unit seemed to keep re-starting. I swapped out the USB cable to the battery and that seemed to cure that problem. The original issue is still occurring, though, on both my iPads. I just ordered a new pre-programmed SD off Amazon and I'll try that before re-flashing the old one. The unit is working okay with FltPlanGo and I don't want to chance screwing that up right now.

I received the new SD card this afternoon, preprogrammed with v1.6r1, and installed it. ForeFlight seems happy now and connects properly. FltPlanGo and WingX are also working correctly with the new SD.

Made an interesting discovery along the way: if I’m running FltPlanGo, FF won’t connect to the device. I have to force quit FltPlanGo, and then FF works fine.

I’m still not sure what the original problem was, but I suspect that the intermittent USB cable was causing power interruptions that resulted in the SD card becoming corrupted.

Thanks for the help!

Back