Stratus ESG issue

Timbeck2

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
Timbeck2
Wondering if anyone else has this or experience in what causes it:

If the transponder is on anything but off or standby I can hear an intermittent crackling noise in my headset. All the grounds were checked and are solid.

ANR? I've heard stories about ADS-B causing headset noise, but mostly from the composite/EAB crowd...

Wondering if anyone else has this or experience in what causes it:

If the transponder is on anything but off or standby I can hear an intermittent crackling noise in my headset. All the grounds were checked and are solid.

The noise you are probably hearing is RF getting into your intercom system.. Check the ground and or connection for the ads-b antenna.. Does it happen every second (on off on off) ?? That is the interval for the ads-b transmissions.

The noise you are probably hearing is RF getting into your intercom system.. Check the ground and or connection for the ads-b antenna.. Does it happen every second (on off on off) ?? That is the interval for the ads-b transmissions.

I'm going to switch to a blade antenna and see if that does anything. All the grounds were checked and I'm using RG400 cable. It isn't annoying in flight as I can barely hear it so maybe its something I'm going to have to live with.

I get it with my ESG and Lightspeed Zulu3. I dont notice it once in flight tho.

Make sure your headset jacks are insulated from ground, too. I don't see how a different antenna could help.

Back