Stratus ESG and “ownship”

Indiana_Pilot

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
Flying "B"
Has anyone had their tail number not show up under “ownship” in ForeFlight? It shows it is detecting me but not displaying a tail number.

I know it’s transmitting it as I show up on Flight Aware immediately after taking off and not talking to anyone (also showing TIS-B traffic).. it seemed to always show up in ForeFlight with my old UAT system..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mine does on the ground once in a while. I'll see the my tail number in yellow next to my plane in Foreflight. Using GTX-345 for ADS-B in/out.

That’s odd I wonder why it doesn’t with 1090ES.. I sent ForeFlight an email asking. Their support docs say if it doesn’t display a tail number to screenshot the info page and send it to them.
b03469a2ecc3f0378447cd852a885d39.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Foreflight's response was to unplug the ads-b AUX cable (antenna cable) between the stratus ESG and 2i.. I just asked them how would it receive ads-b data then? maybe it's not required but my 2i is mounted under my panel and would have horrible reception. Maybe it works all via the cable.. not sure why they included one if it wasn't required... I am guessing they are wrong?

Back