Stratus 3 now works with FlyQ

That’s a bummer kind of irritating I spent $800 on a Stratus 2S and now the new one works with everything

That’s a bummer kind of irritating I spent $800 on a Stratus 2S and now the new one works with everything
And a 100 bucks cheaper! I just put in a stratus esg last October and had to specify which stratus I had for the wiring harness. I wonder what happens if I get a new stratus, back to the shop to change the harness? I hope not.

not so fast bud :p
You know you want that stratus! I'll even pay shipping, scratch that I'll use Skylane Shipping :). You know when it absolutely has to be there on time and there's a 12% chance of a VFR cross country actually happening.

If it makes u fee any better, I spent 800 for a GDL 52 like 3-4 months back

So what to do if you don’t have a stratus and are looking to get one.??? Go with the stratus 3, or wait a bit for the stratus 2s to hit the used market. That is a good price for the 3 I think I almost clicked buy like two weeks ago for a stratus 2s.

So what to do if you don’t have a stratus and are looking to get one.??? Go with the stratus 3, or wait a bit for the stratus 2s to hit the used market. That is a good price for the 3 I think I almost clicked buy like two weeks ago for a stratus 2s.

Who knows I’d stratus will enable FlyQ in their old version or not. If they do, why will people buy the new version? If flyq is not a concern, go for the used one. I would have bought the new one though. I have a problem and I know it

They will not. This is on their website.

Will my current Stratus get updated with the GDL 90 protocol (Open ADS-B Mode)?
No, we’re in a partnership agreement that doesn’t allow us to update the firmware for previous Stratus models to include Open ADS-B Mode.

I read this as "we could, but we're not allowed to".

I'm particularly annoyed because when I asked the question last year, before purchasing a 2S, I was told they were focusing on Foreflight because of all the engineering changes required to keep it up to date, not because of a partnership agreement. I don't know why that annoys me, it doesn't make any functional difference, but it feels dishonest.

On the plus side, they will offer $200 off if you send you 2S back to them for the upgrade program. That's a pretty steep depreciation for a product that steadfastly refused to discount below $899 until yesterday! With that offer, I think you'll find a few good used 2S's on the market soon.

On the upside, the new ADS-B products will apparently be supported by the 2S. I've been a big cheerleader of their ESG/2S combination, which I put in for my ADS-B solution last year, it might be irrational but I'm feeling less satisfied with that decision now.

I'm particularly annoyed because when I asked the question last year, before purchasing a 2S, I was told they were focusing on Foreflight because of all the engineering changes required to keep it up to date, not because of a partnership agreement. I don't know why that annoys me, it doesn't make any functional difference, but it feels dishonest.

Dishonest with just a touch of “truthiness”. :)

They will not. This is on their website.

Will my current Stratus get updated with the GDL 90 protocol (Open ADS-B Mode)?
No, we’re in a partnership agreement that doesn’t allow us to update the firmware for previous Stratus models to include Open ADS-B Mode.

I read this as "we could, but we're not allowed to".

On the plus side, they will offer $200 off if you send you 2S back to them for the upgrade program. That's a pretty steep depreciation for a product that steadfastly refused to discount below $899 until yesterday! With that offer, I think you'll find a few good used 2S's on the market soon.

On the upside, the new ADS-B products will apparently be supported by the 2S. I've been a big cheerleader of their ESG/2S combination, which I put in for my ADS-B solution last year, it might be irrational but I'm feeling less satisfied with that decision now.

The partnership they are referring to is likely the AFS, LLC. group. Appareo, ForeFlight, Sportys.

Ever wonder why you could only buy a Stratus from Sportys and initially it only worked with ForeFlight. Nah..all coincidence.

Back