Stratus 3 Charger

Gabriel Hernandez

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
Gabriel Hernandez
I just purchased a second hand stratus 3 but it didn’t come with the charger. Does anyone have success with using an iPad Pro charger with their Stratus 3? I noticed the stock stratus charger is 5v 2amp, and my IPad charger is 5v 3amp.

thanks!

I just purchased a second hand stratus 3 but it didn’t come with the charger. Does anyone have success with using an iPad Pro charger with their Stratus 3? I noticed the stock stratus charger is 5v 2amp, and my IPad charger is 5v 3amp.

thanks!
Versus the other Stratus's I've used, the 3 is pretty finicky on the charging supply. I misplaced the wall charger that came with mine and tried to use another USB-C charger I had on hand for iPad, and then the one for my MacBook. No luck, No charging.

Eventually ordered a replacement from Sporty's. Made sure this time to paint some high visibility markings and mark that it pairs to the Stratus 3 on it. This way it stands out in both my flight bag and the "charging tub" I have (where other chargers and cables are collected).

Versus the other Stratus's I've used, the 3 is pretty finicky on the charging supply. I misplaced the wall charger that came with mine and tried to use another USB-C charger I had on hand for iPad, and then the one for my MacBook. No luck, No charging.

Eventually ordered a replacement from Sporty's. Made sure this time to paint some high visibility markings and mark that it pairs to the Stratus 3 on it. This way it stands out in both my flight bag and the "charging tub" I have (where other chargers and cables are collected).

Yeah I just had the same experience. Won't charge and actually shows "NO" under genuine stratus in foreflight. Thanks

Back