Stratus 3...........any rumors?

maduro

Pre-Flight
Display Name

Display name:
Maduro
Hey guys, I am looking to buy a Stratus but instead of buying version 2, I might wait for version 3 if it's coming out in the near future. Thanx.

Maduro

With proper certified in/out units getting cheaper with every new product release, I think most people would rather put that $800+ towards a permanent certified system, the clock to 2020 is still ticking.

Hey guys, I am looking to buy a Stratus but instead of buying version 2, I might wait for version 3 if it's coming out in the near future. Thanx.

Maduro

Can you think of anything a 3 might offer above and beyond what the 2 does already? :dunno:

you'll know the 3 is closing in when the price on the 2 goes down.

I heard 3 has an added port for your wiener.

Edit: but that is just a rumor at this point.

With proper certified in/out units getting cheaper with every new product release, I think most people would rather put that $800+ towards a permanent certified system, the clock to 2020 is still ticking.

I concur with this. Especially since we have seen recent announcements for systems in the sub-$4000 range.

I concur with this. Especially since we have seen recent announcements for systems in the sub-$4000 range.

Yea, I get it but I belong to a flying club so that is not an option. Most members have their own Stratus.

I just don't see what else can come from a stratus. Even if a newer stratus comes out you will always be chasing technology and the price drop on the 2 will not be that much to warrant waiting. If you have the coin drop it on the 2 and take advantage of weather, waas, AHRS, dual band traffic. Just do it! I love mine 2 and just got it back in Jan.

Last edited:
Yea, I get it but I belong to a flying club so that is not an option. Most members have their own Stratus.

Why not talk the club into purchasing two of the units from existing club members and making them available to all members like you do the aircraft?

Our club did that when the Stratus 2's first came out and we've been very happy with the results. Members are responsible for plugging them into the charger as part of their "end of flight" clean the airplane routine. And everyone benefits from having the units available to them.

Our club has 6 airplanes...2x172, 2x182, 2x210. We just replaced all our Garmin 420s with GNT 610s. Most members have their own Stratus.....nobody wants to foot the bill for 6 additional ADS-B.

I had heard that the synthetic vision was developed so that a GS/loc could be added at a later date. Having said that, I inquired the other day to FF about a paermanant mounted box like Freeflight.

"Currently we are in discussions with manufacturers. However, It is our longstanding policy not to discuss pending developments or release dates."

Wiener Warmer?...the Stratus 3 is then obviously gonna be equipped with a lager charging port.

I think that other guy got confused with an ADS-B with his beloved blow-up version of his favorite wiener warmer.

I heard 3 has an added port for your wiener.

Edit: but that is just a rumor at this point.

I think you are confusing an ADS-B with your personal blow-up version of a wiener warmer.

Will stratus 3 put ketchup on my hotdog or mayo like God intended?

I used to love Tijana cart dogs. Wrapped in bacon with mayo, onions and a pepper relish...yummy appetizer, then on to the taco cart for the best tacos.

Last edited:

No, I don't think Stratus can do that but I think in your case condiments are applied to your wiener with your other free hand.

Wait....who puts mayo on a hot dog??????...............Ahhhh.....I get it. You are a switch hitter!!

Last edited:
I don't like to necro-post. But where this thread has the appropriate title...

NZlyrvD.png

Right before Oshkosh, I'm assuming this will generate some buzz at their location there.

Been flying with the 2S for about a year now, be curious to see what the 3 could bring forward.

I don't like to necro-post. But where this thread has the appropriate title...

NZlyrvD.png

Right before Oshkosh, I'm assuming this will generate some buzz at their location there.

Been flying with the 2S for about a year now, be curious to see what the 3 could bring forward.

Hmm...I just bought my 2S less than a year ago. This will be interesting

I think the Stratus right now only works with iPad and Foreflight, but perhaps the 3 will work with Android and its EFP associated software.

Will the Stratus 3 be able to compete with the new Sentry (from Foreflight and uAvionix) which costs only $499?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Will the Stratus 3 be able to compete with the new Sentry (from Foreflight and uAvionix) which costs only $499?

I just saw that too (link here) - it seems to have all the functionality of the stratus, but much less expensive. In fact, I'm starting to think that by 2020, these things will be like $100.

Back