Stratus 2S not displaying traffic

CC268

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
CC268
Ever since I got this Stratus 2S I have noticed that traffic display is very intermittent. What is odd is that my dad or instructor will be getting traffic on their iPad mini 4, but I won't be getting anything on my iPad mini 4 (both hooked up to the same Stratus obviously). The problem is intermittent. Later in the flight all of a sudden I will start getting traffic on my iPad. The problem is reversed sometimes where I will be getting traffic but my dad or instructor won't be. Sometimes we both get the traffic.

Firmware is up to date. Not sure if maybe I should ask for a replacement Stratus or if there is something else going on.

Check the various settings in FF... also, the external antenna is very worth the price... you get more towers sending info than the internal alone.

Check the various settings in FF... also, the external antenna is very worth the price... you get more towers sending info than the internal alone.

Oh I am getting PLENTY of towers. Usually 7-9. Already fooled with FF settings like "Hide Distant Traffic"

The support team with FF is very good and often very quick to answer emails.

I've had this problem before...shutting down/restarting the problem ipad/iphone has corrected it.

I've had this problem before...shutting down/restarting the problem ipad/iphone has corrected it.

Interesting...maybe a bug or something.

Wow...incredibly frustrated at this point. The Sporty's customer service rep was not the least bit helpful. Basically told me to send it in and they would try to repair it under warranty. No timeline as to when I would get it back. Asked if I could just return it for a refund (it has been used 5-6 times) and she said no...

At this point I might just buy another one and buy directly from Appareo.

At least they want you to send it in. When I have a problem they usually want me to turn on diagnostic logging and send them the files first. Ive had a few cases I've needed to do that. One resulted in me getting a free antenna. Which I don't need any more since I got the ESG. So if it comes out you need an antenna let me know I've got one lying around.

I've a few instances of traffic problems but make sure hide distant traffic is not on. Sounds like you already messed with it though and not the problem.

Contact foreflight though for this problem not sportys.

WOW Appareo was much more accommodating and friendly. If I could do it again I would order directly from them. I am sending it directly into Appareo and they are going to take care of it. Great guy I talked to on the phone. For now I have ordered a Scout to hold me over, which will be here Saturday.

At least they want you to send it in. When I have a problem they usually want me to turn on diagnostic logging and send them the files first. Ive had a few cases I've needed to do that. One resulted in me getting a free antenna. Which I don't need any more since I got the ESG. So if it comes out you need an antenna let me know I've got one lying around.

I've a few instances of traffic problems but make sure hide distant traffic is not on. Sounds like you already messed with it though and not the problem.

Contact foreflight though for this problem not sportys.

The fella at Appareo said it is definitely a Stratus issue not a ForeFlight issue. It is weird because I will get the traffic call out box, "Traffic ahead, 2 oclock, 2 miles.." but not blue arrows that show the traffic. He said he has never seen that, but he said he thinks it is likely a Stratus issue.

Just an echo on the quality of Appareo customer service. They did the right thing when the USB connector on the stratus came adrift. No ifs-ands-or-buts. Repaired and returned promptly.

Make sure you don't (unless you want) have "hide distant traffic" enabled... his may be disabled and you may not see everything he does...

Back