Stratus 2 Power Source?

Datadriver

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
Datadriver
Is anyone using one of those USB Battery Packs to power their Stratus 2?

If so, what brand/model?

My ship's cigarette lighter is flaky and I'm looking for another source.:mad2:

I purchased a power brick from Sportys during the Summit last year. RF shielding was not sufficient and it created lots of static on the comms. We only discovered that was the culprit once we shut off the brick and the static disappeared.

But since have discovered battery life on the Strauss 2 is easily 6hrs or more with a full charge.

I would think you'd be better off fixing your ships power. Better solution and will cost less money.

The battery power seems to be sufficient for most of my flights,use ships power to keep the I pad going strong.

Any RF Interference? The brick I purchased has enough to break squelch on comms even when squelch is maxed, leaving you listening to white noise static for as long as the brick is turned on.

I actually haven't used it in the plane - My panel power works quite well, so the Anker has just sat in a bag. I've only actually used it on the ground.

I'll give it a try in the plane soon and let you know.

I have the same. Anker works well for me as back up USB power for the stratus and ipad and phone. I have a couple sets of Commitlift USB power ports in the plane for primary power.

I've thought about it, but my iPad won't last as long as the Stratus 2 as is. I've had my Stratus 2 last through a 7.5 hour cross country last summer. My iPad is lucky to last 4 hours.

Back