Stratus 2 arrived! PIREP soon

Flying to the Gaston's fly-in on Saturday I saw a TFR pop up while enroute. Take a look at these screenshots. This is a nice feature. It wasn't in the briefing I had an hour before the flight.

Attachments

• IMG_0057.jpg
    IMG_0057.jpg
    485.5 KB · Views: 61
  • IMG_0058.jpg
    IMG_0058.jpg
    486.3 KB · Views: 65
Some screenshots from a leg on Sunday.

Attachments

• IMG_0065.jpg
    IMG_0065.jpg
    485.9 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG_0066.jpg
    IMG_0066.jpg
    434.7 KB · Views: 35
  • IMG_0067.jpg
    IMG_0067.jpg
    410 KB · Views: 34
  • IMG_0068.jpg
    IMG_0068.jpg
    422.7 KB · Views: 32
Now if you don't get the shadow would that mean it will not show traffic near you? And why your shadow would be 200 lower? Shouldn't it be at your same altitude?
José

There is one thing we have to understand. The altitude that we receive via ADS-B is based on what the transponder transmitts from the aircrafts alt encoder. I think it should be corrected by the local altimeter setting but still a 200ft difference should be within the limits considering the uncertainty of our GPS signal and the encoder error allowed.

So the system really compares two values and we should be alerted if a target within +/- 500ft.

I have let it go for hours playing in the hangar but the longest I've got it to run in a car or my airplane is 30 minutes. Then I get "Please connect to Stratus" message with the screen image shaded

I had a similar problem and I figured out that it was due to the USB plug I was using (RoadPro RPPS). It was rated to supply 3.1A and I had my iPhone and Stratus hooked up to it. I replased the USB 14V adapter with a Bolse dual output and problem was gone. Just a thought...

Back