strangest person ride given to...

jesse

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Jesse
I've given quite a few airplane rides. This was the oddest person....Can anyone top it? This was about five years ago.

odd.jpg

I gave a ride to this guy...

Oh my goodness. What was the occasion?

Last edited:
The kid was just checking out general aviation. No way he can make it through a TSA checkpoint with all that metal.

dont think this quite qualifies as "strange"...

when I was working as a CFI-glider in New Zealand in 96 I was assigned to give a ride to the NZ Penthouse Pet of the year. No, I don't have any photos and it was all very civilized and there was no naughty bits exposed. It was, however, the only time I've seen an unscheduled, unplanned demonstration of the "check your airbrakes" signal while on tow.

I've given quite a few airplane rides. This was the oddest person....Can anyone top it? This was about five years ago.

Which one is the odd one?

While he might be considered "odd" in Nebraska, he'd be considered only mildly eccentric in Portland, Oregon. As the bumper stickers say: Keep Portland Weird.

While he might be considered "odd" in Nebraska, he'd be considered only mildly eccentric in Portland, Oregon. As the bumper stickers say: Keep Portland Weird.
He was from southern minnesota. Don't remember his name anymore. He didn't say much - just sat there quietly.

He looks straight outta 1979!

I guess the strangest circumstance I gave ride to was one day, I dropped by the FBO to take care of some business and there was an older gentleman standing at the fence watching planes take off. He was accompanied by what I thought was his daughter and grandson. They eventually left and he was there alone...watching the planes. I struck up a conversation with him going back to my truck. He mentioned that he hadn't flown in years, loved it and just came out from time to time to see the planes.

The conversation came to the point where I told him I was a pilot (don't they all:rolleyes::rolleyes:) and ask him if he had the time to go for a ride right now. We went and pulled the plane out and went for about an hour hop, no higher than about 1500 ft. He was thrilled when I let him hold the yoke for a few minutes.

Stuff like that is why I fly.

Flying out of LGA and EWR certainly brings with it its share of "unique" individuals, but I'd say this guy takes the cake:

flavor-flav-newswire-400a111606.jpg

What about the infamous lady in red at 6Y9? Who did she sucker into giving her, her "first" airplane ride???

I gave a ride to this guy (& vice versa):

Attachments

• TronGuy (480 x 600).jpg
    TronGuy (480 x 600).jpg
    49.3 KB · Views: 30
What about the infamous lady in red at 6Y9? Who did she sucker into giving her, her "first" airplane ride???
I have a picture at home with here getting into Ed's airplane on 6Y9-A New Hope. I may even have a picture of Ted or Grant doing the same for 6Y9-The Empire Strikes Back

Jesse, were you flying the Sierra in that photo?

I don't know. Maybe I can find a photo of Danos and I going flying.

The real question is, which one of us would be the stranger one?

Haha I love the belt of machine gun ammo around his waist. Awesome!
He made all of his clothing himself.

He seemed to respect others around him - although - was oddly quiet. Not sure what ever happened to the guy. Only met him once.

He seemed to respect others around him - although - was oddly quiet. Not sure what ever happened to the guy. Only met him once.
How did you happen to give him a ride?

Doing charter you give rides to lots of strange people but I'll have to admit I've never given a ride to anyone dressed that strangely. :eek:

How did you happen to give him a ride?

Doing charter you give rides to lots of strange people but I'll have to admit I've never given a ride to anyone dressed that strangely. :eek:
I was planning on going flying, called a friend to ask if he wanted to come, he asked if his brother and brother's friend could come.

..That was his brother's friend.

Back