Stranger treats Oklahoma City veteran to dream flight in B-29

When the B-17 was giving rides in Lincoln, NE there were two vets that could not afford the $300 price. They were both crew members during the war. I paid for both. It was the right thing to do.

Last edited:
^^^^^ Great job Geico. Bet they loved it. Care to share their reaction to the flight?

^^^^^ Great job Geico. Bet they loved it. Care to share their reaction to the flight?

Thanks! :D

It was amazing. They were standing under the plane looking around. I was working for the local EAA chapter helping with passenger loading, safety, ect., and I just started talking to them. They could get around (ambulatory) pretty good so I asked them if they would like a ride. They said they really could not afford it because they were on a fixed income, had bills, etc, then they kinda got sad. In about 10 mins I came back with 2 passes and told them their mission briefing started in 10 mins.

When they got down they looked like they were 18 again, and I handed them each a B-17 hat. They could not have been more grateful and appreciative. It was fun. Great vets to talk to.

I don't gamble or buy lottery tickets. This is how I spend my "gambling" bucks. Best bucks I ever spent. ;)

Can I deduct this from my income taxes? :lol:

Last edited:
Dunno, but you can pick up your free "attaboy" lunch any time you're in the DFW area.

It was amazing. They were standing under the plane looking around. I was working for the local EAA chapter helping with passenger loading, safety, ect., and I just started talking to them. They could get around (ambulatory) pretty good so I asked them if they would like a ride. They said they really could not afford it because they were on a fixed income, had bills, etc, then they kinda got sad. In about 10 mins I came back with 2 passes and told them their mission briefing started in 10 mins.

When they got down they looked like they were 18 again, and I handed them each a B-17 hat. They could not have been more grateful and appreciative. It was fun. Great vets to talk to.

I don't gamble or buy lottery tickets. This is how I spend my "gambling" bucks. Best bucks I ever spent. ;)

When the B-17 was giving rides in Lincoln, NE there were two vets that could not afford the $300 price. They were both crew members during the war. I paid for both. It was the right thing to do. ...

+1!

That is so inspiring and welcomed

Great job!!:D:D

Back