Strange yellow lines on ForeFlight map view

Bill Watson

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
MauleDriver
Anyone know what these lines are? I’ve removed all map overlays from this view but no matter what combination of overlays I add, the lines remain. They only appear in the Phillie/NJ region.
a19d9fce0cfcb44e1cc21252f81cf0b2.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Did you accidentally turn on the scratchpad (the pen-like icon on the left side of your screenshot) and make marks on your map? I unknowingly did that recently.

Turn on scratchpad, and an option to "clear" the marks will appear near the top of the screen. See if that gets rid of those marks. Then turn scratchpad off again.

Thanks folks. That was the ‘problem’.

Funny thing is that I regularly use the scratchpad; typed for squawks and hand drawn for clearances.

ForeFlight has allowed me to go totally paperless over the past 9 years flying IFR in my RV10. The clearance writing part got a real workout a few days ago with this amendment that started with “after PXT....”:
bc8930f1cb67934ccf5f2f75085b370a.jpg

But I completely overlooked the option to write clearances and amendments directly on the map. I’m not sure it was even a feature when I started using FF but it would seem to be a better option. I will be trying it.

BTW, after that circuitous routing around NYC, I was vectored right over KLGA to KHPN on an absolutely beautiful day to sightsee NY. Quite a flight.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Back