Strange twitter/x

murphey

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
murphey
All of a sudden (starting last night) I could no longer access twitter. Not twitter.com, not x.com, not clicking on a link to twitter, etc. Anyone else run into this, or have a solution. Yes, I've cleaned cookies and cache. Only difference is I spent 2 hrs getting rid of an ad redirect embedded in the browser. Of course I lost all my links, too, but that's easy to restore.

Did already you try a different browser?
Following that, try on a different device?

Did already you try a different browser?
Following that, try on a different device?
How very strange. Works with a different browser. I think the problem is an unwanted & embedded ad redirect glob in my primary browser. Thought I got rid of it, but its back. gadzooks, I hate computers.

but it's how I get a paycheck.

Last edited:
Ive never seen someone tank a company as fast as musk and twitter. Everything hes changed is for the worse. The app is now terrible, why does the nav bar hide on scroll? Why do i have to fight to remain on my feed only. If you don't run ad blocks its now infested with spam ads.

Well, a couple hours later, it's back on Firefox. ho hum.

Ive never seen someone tank a company as fast as musk and twitter. Everything hes changed is for the worse. The app is now terrible, why does the nav bar hide on scroll? Why do i have to fight to remain on my feed only. If you don't run ad blocks its now infested with spam ads.
I wonder where you get your information.
Sometimes, in order to fix things you have to destroy the bad things. That is what I see Elon doing.

X (Twitter) CEO Linda Yaccarino recently said brands have been returning to the platform and that new content control tools should help reassure them

Parental controls blocking X content, adjust parental controls and you’ll be go to go.

All of a sudden (starting last night) I could no longer access twitter. Not twitter.com, not x.com, not clicking on a link to twitter, etc. Anyone else run into this, or have a solution. Yes, I've cleaned cookies and cache. Only difference is I spent 2 hrs getting rid of an ad redirect embedded in the browser. Of course I lost all my links, too, but that's easy to restore.

I wonder where you get your information.
Sometimes, in order to fix things you have to destroy the bad things. That is what I see Elon doing.

X (Twitter) CEO Linda Yaccarino recently said brands have been returning to the platform and that new content control tools should help reassure them
So what bad stuff is musky destroying. Making the app worse and artificially inserting those that pay into your timeline. A 20 percent decline in traffic.

There has been zero user experience gains and now forces you to run add ons or scripts to block the spammy stuff or restore functionality.

he bought it as a mistake and said some free speech tidbits before realizing the add revenue dried up and quickly walked that back

So what bad stuff is musky destroying. Making the app worse and artificially inserting those that pay into your timeline. A 20 percent decline in traffic.
Let’s be real, that 20% drop in traffic was probably bots. Instagram has a lot of bots, too. I'd be 100% fine with a 20% drop in bot traffic there as well.

Back