Strange place for a crash site...

smv

Pattern Altitude
Display Name

Display name:
smv
I wonder how many narrators actually read in advance the stuff they spew... At least he has not used the "100 times smaller/closer/slower" method of mathematical comparison yet...

For some reason the video is not playing for me... If it is not playing for you, here's the transcript:

"A search and rescue team takes a KNKT investigator to the crash site. At over four-thousand feet above ground level, there are no roads, runways, or clearings."

Mighty odd place to put crash site... 4000' AGL and all.

The clip did play for me, and the narrator never said, "strange place for a crash." His comment on lack of access was likely said in reference to the arduous climb to the site.

I'm not getting the controversy.

The clip did play for me, and the narrator never said, "strange place for a crash." His comment on lack of access was likely said in reference to the arduous climb to the site.

I'm not getting the controversy.

I am the one saying it is a strange place for a crash.

How can an airplane crash at 4000' AGL?

Ironic twist: Three of the causes identified in this crash were, 1) A disabled TAWS, 2) An approach plate with an MSA listed 500' below the level of the terrain, and 3) an inaccurate terrain database.

Had they actually been at 4000' AGL, they would have never hit the mountain.

AGL! <Headslap :)> Now I get it. And now Pilawt's comment makes sense.

Reactions: smv
I recently worked a multiple fatality crash that was in a densely forested ravine. It was either repealing gear down almost vertical hillside or an hour via a side by side on ancient forest roads.

I will say the ENTIRE site was cleaned and top soil layer scrapped by a small salvage crew. They did a insane job cleaning the site. All that’s left is some dead trees and bare soil.

Back