Strange Pizza Question

mattaxelrod

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
Matt
Ah, now that I've got your attention....

There's a chain of fast-food pizza named CiCi's (if I'm spelling it right), that I believe is based mainly in the South (Maryland to the Carolinas?). If any of you are familiar with this particular chain, would you happen to know if there are any CiCi's within walking distance from any airport?

I remember a while ago, someone on the red boards asked the same thing about White Castle in New Jersey, so there's precedent for this:)

Thanks for the info,
Matt

CiCi's are in Missouri, I believe they started in Texas (Dallas?) There is one in Springfield and St.Louis, not close to the airport, but a short taxi ride.

Thanks Dean,

I should have been more specific--looking for CiCi's in the Maryland, Virginia, Carolinas areas.

(It's kind of a weird in-family-joke with us--but we CiCi hopped up the Eastean Seaboard last summer and had some funny memories. Go figure.)

There's a CiCi's pizza in Clayton, about 7 or 8 miles from the Johnston County Airport (JNX). They have a courtesy car you can use (it's an ex highway patrol car, so there are lots of very gentle miles on it...) If interested and you need directions, let me know.

We have a CiCi's here. For a fat dude, its great. Its $3.99 for all you can eat.

And for those of you who remember the Fat Boys, its great too:

Song: All You Can Eat
Artist: Fat Boys

"We'll eat everything in an incredible feat/
$3.99 for all you can eat!"

The CiCis in Florence, SC (KFLO) is a short drive from the airport and Powers has a crew car you can use.

Also looks like the one in Rock Hill, SC (KUZA) is only a few miles from that airport as well.

Hope this helps!

HPNFlyGirl said:
Nick...You're not fat!!!!!
I assure you I was not fishing for compliments, but thanks. People get used to it eventually, its almost like, "hey, its Nick checking in" to most people that know me well now. And its true, CiCi's is great for fat people. I've gotten kicked out many times for eating too much there when I was younger.

And its $3.99. Yum. I suggest their dessert pizzas. Yummy!

CiCi's here in Clarksville, Tn is about 8 miles south of the airport. If you show up here let me know ahead of time and I'll gladly drive you there (I'm within walking distance from the airport but I ride my bike)

This is great, thanks. Also, thanks to the Google, AOPA RTFP, and Mapquest, I've also noticed that there's one in Indiana, PA within shouting distance of Jimmy Stewart Field (that cracks me up--when calling on CTAF, do you say "Mary, Mary, it's me, George! Don't you recognize me?)

Ah, but I digress.

CiCi's is worth the trip for those awesome CINNAMON BUNS for dessert.

mattaxelrod said:
This is great, thanks. Also, thanks to the Google, AOPA RTFP, and Mapquest, I've also noticed that there's one in Indiana, PA within shouting distance of Jimmy Stewart Field (that cracks me up--when calling on CTAF, do you say "Mary, Mary, it's me, George! Don't you recognize me?)

Ah, but I digress.

CiCi's is worth the trip for those awesome CINNAMON BUNS for dessert.

To continue the digression, that's Brig. General James Stewart. Twice won the Distinguished Flying Cross in WWII and last flew a B-52 in Vietnam. And yes, it's THAT Jimmy Stewart. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jimmy_Stewart

mattaxelrod said:
would you happen to know if there are any CiCi's within walking distance from any airport?

There is one within 4mi of CHA.

There's a fairly recent biography of Jimmy Stewart that focuses on his military service.

http://www.motorbooks.com/Store/ProductDetails_16600.ncm

(probably cheaper on amazon.com)

I met the author at local book signing a couple of months ago.

And Nick, those pants don't make you look fat... :)

No CiCi's within walking distance of any airports in MS that I'm aware of.

gprellwitz said:
To continue the digression, that's Brig. General James Stewart. Twice won the Distinguished Flying Cross in WWII and last flew a B-52 in Vietnam. And yes, it's THAT Jimmy Stewart. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jimmy_Stewart

Back