Stowe, VT for skiing

Winger67

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
Larry
Have an Epic ski pass to use this season so I'm thinking of squeezing in a last minute trip possibly flying GA. Anyone fly into Morrisville-Stowe KMVL or would I be better off flying into Burlington KBTV. I guess I could Uber from KMVL instead of renting a car. Places to stay for a solo trip?

I can’t speak to the airport. But the skiing can be great.

Owned a condo for 25 years over the hill at Smugglers Notch so I drive by the airport. Good strip, see GA, PC-12 and light jets there for charter traffic. Plan on IFR and know there is high terrain all around. Burlington is 70 mins by car Stowe airport would be 15 into Stowe proper…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've never flown in, but usually get 8 or 10 ski days in Vermont each season. I'll be at Sugarbush Saturday, Okemo Sunday, but I always drive up and stay at my ski club's lodge in Lower Granville. I hit Stowe too early this season, in mid-Dec, not much open. Now trails are closing all over the state, but you'll still find enough terrain to be interesting, if you don't wait too long. Most of the big hills are still 50-65% open, with spring skiing snow conditions.

Bummer. Didn't realize although closing date is April 18 only 37% of trails open. Guess I'll wait for next season and hit Colorado and the high altitude again. Vail extended their closing date to May 1.

Bummer. Didn't realize although closing date is April 18 only 37% of trails open. Guess I'll wait for next season and hit Colorado and the high altitude again. Vail extended their closing date to May 1.

Ah, I hadn't looked at Stowe for this weekend. Sugarbush is now reporting 45% of trails open, Okemo 58%. The season is winding down.

I'm thinking of hitting the western U.P. of Michigan one more time this coming weekend...they just got dumped on w/about 12"...lusten (MN) did too.

Great airport. Definitely some mountain flying on the east coast... was only there once and the airport was IFR when everyone around it was VFR.

Back