Story I heard...cautionary tale.

midcap

Pattern Altitude
Display Name

Display name:
midcap
This story is from my wife.

She knows a guy who goes offshore fishing a lot. Well they go when it's rough and don't care, but can get sea sick. So, a doctor give him a script for a special compounded med from a pharmacy.

Med works fantastic but guess what's in the med.

Dimenhydrinate (may be another) and Adderall.

LoL

needless to say he has a trip to the Neuro now for a 3rd class.

So, fellows, keep an eye on what's in that medicine you are taking.

Heh, a doctor once wanted to prescribe some muscle relaxants for muscle pain. He mentioned Valium.
"NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!"
Even the nurses outside must have heard me. :)

Yes, you gotta be sharp and know what medication a doctor is prescribing for you otherwise you might end up with a buttload of trouble.

Yes, you gotta be sharp and know what medication a doctor is prescribing for you otherwise you might end up with a buttload of trouble

And if you're not sure while you're being handed the scrip, LOOK IT UP before you fill it.

If it's never filled, then it never makes it to the medical databases that you had the medication in your possession. If the search of the AOPA medication database shows the med to be an issue, then go back to your doc and try again.

Link to the AOPA medications Database: https://www.aopa.org/members/databases/medical/search_faa_meds.cfm

@BigBadLou, It works for me... I clicken the linken at the bottomen, and I'm shown a form the input what med I'm curious about.

Transdermal scopolamine patches are commonly prescribed for seasickness prevention. I've used them in the past, because when I go offshore I get sick as a dog without the meds.

It's been a few years since I have gone fishing and used the medication. Since it has always been a one or two day usage, I never even thought about how it might affect my medical certificate.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back