Storm Scope, WX-900

ScottM

Taxi to Parking
Display Name

Display name:
iBazinga!
My storm scope has started to act a little funny. Every once in a while I keep getting a 'mapping error' message and it asks me to ackknowledge it. I hit the button and sometime it comes back on its own and other times I have to recycle it. I have looked in the user manual but only find a note relating to the mesage and not what is causing it.

Anyone seen anything like this or know what causes it?

Scott

I had a situation where the former owner had the old cabling to the sensors but the updated software needed the newer cabling. Sent in the unit, they said it spec'd new. Finally upchucked for the new cabling....sigh.

Not sure of your exact problem.. But my wx-950 would sometimes powerup with a heading fault. I finally brought it to the avionics shop and they found a jumper on the pc card in the connector that plugs into the back of the unit had a bad solder joint. That solved that problem. Just last week the stormscope failed to powerup at all ( dark screen ). I ended up sending it in to the L3 factory for service, they said it might be done tomorrow. There flat rate repair is $670 aprox. It seems if the crt is bad it could be more like $1000.

Good luck with it.

Jon

smigaldi said:
My storm scope has started to act a little funny. Every once in a while I keep getting a 'mapping error' message and it asks me to ackknowledge it. I hit the button and sometime it comes back on its own and other times I have to recycle it. I have looked in the user manual but only find a note relating to the mesage and not what is causing it.

Anyone seen anything like this or know what causes it?

Scott

Back