Stinson Municipal Airport - Bernard's Creole Kitchen!

RyanShort1

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
RyanShort1
Ok, so I think I'll be the first on here to announce a new airport restaurant at Stinson (KSSF)!

After a sad period since the Stinson Field Cafe closed recently, I was happy to hear as the editor of the Stinson Field Bulletin that the terminal has a new tenant - Bernard's Creole Kitchen.

I got to go there for lunch with a student on opening day and the place was packed out with a waiting line.

539617_464883456898111_1987547580_n.jpg

64798_464883726898084_313521908_n.jpg

The food was good, and if you like a New Orleans style restaurant, it is the place for you. Bernard himself is a nice chef and I had fun talking with him about the opening. Here are a few pictures. I'd recommend the place for a change in your lunch destinations in Texas!

Mind you, this was the crowd at 2:30 - not the lunch crowd!

Hope you'll visit!

Ryan

Last edited:
Glad to hear that space is occupied again, Ryan. I was there back in August, and was disappointed to see the tex-mex cafe had closed. I'd heard that previous place had good food and was fairly popular, but never got to try it myself...do you know if it closed due to lack of business or other reasons?

Hope Bernard does well. I look forward to visiting!

Glad to hear that space is occupied again, Ryan. I was there back in August, and was disappointed to see the tex-mex cafe had closed. I'd heard that previous place had good food and was fairly popular, but never got to try it myself...do you know if it closed due to lack of business or other reasons?

Hope Bernard does well. I look forward to visiting!
The previous group had issues... They were OK, but never great.

Ryan

Back