Still hope for your significant other…

Texan Pilot

Pre-Flight
Display Name

Display name:
PPL ASEL Pilot
I started my private pilot journey a little over two years ago and my wife was not enthusiastic about flying, but I always hoped she would come around. Well, then I finished up my PPL last June and then, given our two youngest of three boys were still at home, she decided then that one of us needed to always be on the ground. I was disappointed, but had resigned myself to the fact that she might never go up with me. My middle son has flown with me on almost every flight since then, so that has been rewarding in and of itself.
Well, I’m excited to share that this past weekend my wife finally flew with me and our two youngest on a 2-plus hour cross country flight to her hometown! I was certain she would bail on me, but she did great (dramamime helped). I had dreamed of this flight from the get go and look forward to many more to come. I’ve already booked our 25th anniversary trip for September and will be flying us there! So for those who still haven’t gotten their significant other up in the air with you, don’t give up hope, but also don’t pressure them as they may eventually come around, as my wife did. There’s still hope for your significant other….

Attachments

• 5C16BF13-C38E-424D-88F8-6D8D687646C0.jpeg
    5C16BF13-C38E-424D-88F8-6D8D687646C0.jpeg
    183.6 KB · Views: 85
That’s awesome. Next thing you know…you’ll be fighting to see who gets to fly left seat.

Back