Sticking out the thumb again... ABQ-???

Henning

Taxi to Parking
Gone West
Display Name

Display name:
iHenning
Ok, looks like the ride to ABQ is good for Friday, anyone there or to go further?

If I were still there, I'd have taken you in the Cherokee....alas....

Surely you won't still be in ABQ on Saturday; BUT if you are, I'd be happy to help in any direction your heart desires! (I'm working Thursday and Friday...)

Call if you need :)

In Central Texas, 254.644.4966

I'm traveling this weekend, or I'd offer.

Could get somewhere the following weekend if I know in advance.

Best,

Dave

Surely you won't still be in ABQ on Saturday............

Waiting for the airplane jokes to start....
popcorn.gif

If somenoe can get you a bit further east on Saturday (Dalhart, Borger, Amarillo) I can pick you up and get you to Missouri. Can't do it Friday.

Surely you won't still be in ABQ on Saturday; BUT if you are, I'd be happy to help in any direction your heart desires! (I'm working Thursday and Friday...)

Call if you need :)

In Central Texas, 254.644.4966

Looks like I might be..., wonder if the relay can be bumped back a day...

Waiting for the airplane jokes to start....
popcorn.gif

Don't call me Shirley! :D

Actually, I can't fly on Saturday (got other commitments).

But, if we can get Henning to some other location that's about the same distance as DVT to ABQ on Friday, I'm game for that!

What else is close by? El Paso? Santa Fe? Deming? Farmington? Durango (Brrrr, possible rain/snow)?

I'm not stuck on ABQ if some other location within flyable distance (3 hours each way in a Cherokee from DVT) works better.

We'll get you there, Henning!

If somenoe can get you a bit further east on Saturday (Dalhart, Borger, Amarillo) I can pick you up and get you to Missouri. Can't do it Friday.

I stand corrected. It now looks like Saturday is out but Friday might work.

I stand corrected. It now looks like Saturday is out but Friday might work.

How about El Paso? Too far? Trying to find someplace 3 hours in a Cherokee from KDVT. That's about my limit and still be able to get back in time for dinner. :D

How about El Paso? Too far? Trying to find someplace 3 hours in a Cherokee from KDVT. That's about my limit and still be able to get back in time for dinner. :D

Hmmm. ABQ works better than ELP. What time would you arrive at ABQ?

Hmmm. ABQ works better than ELP. What time would you arrive at ABQ?

Well, how about around 12:30 p.m. local time? Park in the general aviation section over there. We can decide on an FBO to meet at. If you're up for it, I'll PM you with my cell phone, too.

Estimating departure from KDVT around 1515Z, with enroute time of about 2:51. That'd put us on final approach around 1910Z (12:10 p.m. local time).

I would love to put a leg between you guys, but don't think I could until Monday or Tuesday. LRU to LBB?

Last edited:
Wow - all this excitement in ABQ. Never saw this kind of excitement when I lived there :D

I suggest Cutter, strongly. Nice place and they're nice folks. Gas is ungodly expensive anywhere you go at ABQ, but the folks at AEG are jerks.

OK, I think we're all set for Henning.

I just talked to Chip in Missouri, and we're set to do a relay to northern New Mexico (probably Santa Fe), where Chip will pick him up and take him to Missouri.

I have been doing my CFI checkride all day, and need to find Henning.

Oh, Henning, where are you????

PS: I passed the checkride! I'm a brand-new CFI!!!

Ben

OK, I think we're all set for Henning.

I just talked to Chip in Missouri, and we're set to do a relay to northern New Mexico (probably Santa Fe), where Chip will pick him up and take him to Missouri.

I have been doing my CFI checkride all day, and need to find Henning.

Oh, Henning, where are you????

PS: I passed the checkride! I'm a brand-new CFI!!!

Ben

I'm here, just caught the other thread, good deal.B)

phxavi8tr
congratulations!!!.....keep up the great work!! we have a second home in tucson and i went to erau in prescott!!................damn i love the desert........just got home from there two nites ago and its cold here!!!.................someday i will be able to fly on regular basis
out there.....not just sometimes out of avq!!.....
ch

Last edited:
Back