Stickin' out the thumb

jason

Administrator
Management Council Member
Display Name

Display name:
Jason W (FlyNE)
Hey all,

I was hoping to grab a plane and fly down there myself, but the guy I rent from says hard surface only. It wouldn't be worth it to me to spend the money and have to get ferried in to the resort.

Will anybody be going by LNK or OMA on the way down there? I'm about 80% at this point. If I find a decent way to get down there, it may help to close up that pesky 20%.

Post reply here or send me a PM.

What sort of insurance companies do these idiots sign up with? I don't even have to land at air airport with my insurance and I am covered.

Oh, I see! I didn't think Clay would care about that. Never know with insurance I guess.

What sort of insurance companies do these idiots sign up with? I don't even have to land at air airport with my insurance and I am covered.

Well, this company is fairly new...and their prices are really pretty reasonable. That may be one reason why. He said that they could land on grass, but that an instructor had to be in the plane. I inquired as to the requirements on the instructor (knowing that one of you would come over and ride in with me), but he said that it had to be one of their instructors. This guy has been a pretty straight shooter. I have a feeling that he's not blowing smoke.

Why don't you fly into FLP? Very paved. Very close.

Why don't you fly into FLP? Very paved. Very close.

Yeah, I thought of that. It's just not the same. :D If I'm going to spend hundreds in rental, I want it on the field with us...so that I can take it up when I want to take it up.

I was just hoping somebody would be passing by...

Yeah, I thought of that. It's just not the same. :D If I'm going to spend hundreds in rental, I want it on the field with us...so that I can take it up when I want to take it up.

Jason,

Tell Clay that you're either gonna rent his plane for a bunch of hours, or you're not. I'd expect a requirement for dual on grass before you go, but IME most FBO's use insurance as an excuse when in reality they're probably just afraid of increased mx costs. Hopefully a trip as long as yours would make it worthwhile for them.

If not... Is there anyone else you could rent from? IIRC there was a discussion a while back about the rental situation being pretty bad in your area, so maybe not... But it might be worth the drive to patronize an FBO that will allow landing on grass with a reasonable amount of instruction time. A good businessman will take that deal, too bad there aren't enough good businessmen in the airplane rental industry. :(

I hope to see you there! :yes:

Clay says no grass. (Actually, Clay doesn't say that, his insurance does)
I never have figured that one out, where do they think airplanes landed before we had paved strips.:dunno:
Once you go grass, you never go back!:rofl:

That should be on a T-shirt.

Hey all,

I was hoping to grab a plane and fly down there myself, but the guy I rent from says hard surface only. It wouldn't be worth it to me to spend the money and have to get ferried in to the resort.

Will anybody be going by LNK or OMA on the way down there? I'm about 80% at this point. If I find a decent way to get down there, it may help to close up that pesky 20%.

Post reply here or send me a PM.
Rent it and fly into Mountain Home (BPK). Gaston's will come get you in the van.....5001 feet of asphalt.

Back