Steve See and our local Young Eagles

Diana

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
Diana
A big thanks to Steve See for flying up to help us take Young Eagles flying at our local airport. These middle school kids got to go flying as a reward for reaching their goal of reading twenty specific books in a state reading program this past school year. The kids also wrote reports on these books and were tested on each one. We had 38 kids to take flying this year.

Steve flew up the night before and spoke to Tom's ground school class (in our hangar) about his airplane and various other things. He also took most of Tom's students flying in his IAR after we got all the kids taken.

It was a great day to fly, and we had lots of other activity at the airport. We had four cropdusters actively loading and flying all morning, plus a few other planes flew in besides the six airplanes taking the kids. We are fortunate to have such generous local pilots who help us take the kids every year. Those of you who have attended our fly-ins at the farm have met all of them.

Here are a few links to photos from that day:

My photos

Photographer link

I'll post some of their thank-you notes as soon as I get them from the teacher.

Thanks again, Steve! :)

Attachments

• IMG_3304 (1077 x 808).jpg
    IMG_3304 (1077 x 808).jpg
    248 KB · Views: 22
i don't care what they say, Steve is a good guy :)

Man, with all those middle school girls wanting to go up, I'm surprised Kent wasn't there there help out! :rofl:

What's become of him? He's one of the really good guys, tell him he needs to show up more often.

A big thanks to Steve See for flying up to help us take Young Eagles flying at our local airport. These middle school kids got to go flying as a reward for reaching their goal of reading twenty specific books in a state reading program this past school year. The kids also wrote reports on these books and were tested on each one. We had 38 kids to take flying this year.

Steve flew up the night before and spoke to Tom's ground school class (in our hangar) about his airplane and various other things. He also took most of Tom's students flying in his IAR after we got all the kids taken.

It was a great day to fly, and we had lots of other activity at the airport. We had four cropdusters actively loading and flying all morning, plus a few other planes flew in besides the six airplanes taking the kids. We are fortunate to have such generous local pilots who help us take the kids every year. Those of you who have attended our fly-ins at the farm have met all of them.

Here are a few links to photos from that day:

My photos

Photographer link

I'll post some of their thank-you notes as soon as I get them from the teacher.

Thanks again, Steve! :)

What's become of him?
He's been very busy...and flying a lot. He worked for the Southern Heritage Air Foundation for maybe a year or so. I think he's planning on flying his IAR to the Ada Air Expo in early June.

He's one of the really good guys,
Yes, he really is. :yes:

tell him he needs to show up more often.
Will do! I'll tell him we're talking about him. :D I try to keep up with him on Facebook. Like me, he doesn't post as much here, but does post on Facebook.

BTW, Wayne, Barb took lots of kids flying that day. She's in several of those photos.

Tell her Hey from Dallas. Your event with the kids is a great program, glad to see it was a success again this year. Keep up the good work.

BTW, Wayne, Barb took lots of kids flying that day. She's in several of those photos.

Steve is good people! Glad the event was a success Diana!

Never went to a young eagles but I can pictue the kids jockeying to rid in the "fighter plane" and for the "front seat" in any of the planes. Cause everyone knows if you sit in the front you may get a chance to FLY!:D

Last edited:
Tell her Hey from Dallas. Your event with the kids is a great program, glad to see it was a success again this year. Keep up the good work.

:)

We used to take twice as many kids from the reading program, but when they cut the budget for summer school (no access to the school library in the summer), it made it harder for the kids to get access to the selected books.

Steve is good people!
:yes:

Never went to a young eagles but I can pictue the kids jockeying to rid in the "fighter plane" and for the "front seat" in any of the planes. Cause everyone knows if you sit in the front you may get a chance to FLY!:D
Who gets to sit in front often causes a discussion. :D I always have the bigger kids and those with motion sickness sit in front. Otherwise they usually work it out. Or, we toss a coin.

I love the expressions on their faces when I let them fly, and they realize that "they" are flying an airplane. A precious moment. I've caught a few of those expressions on film...priceless.

We always have a talk with the kids before we all go flying and Tom and I both tell the kids how proud we are of them for reading, and we emphasize how reading will enhance their lives.

Thank you Diana (and tell Tom thank you and thanks to the other pilots) for taking your time and spending your money to introduce all those kids to aviation. What a nice thing to do. I knew you were good people despite what Wayne said :)!

Thank you Diana (and tell Tom thank you and thanks to the other pilots) for taking your time and spending your money to introduce all those kids to aviation. What a nice thing to do.

:) Stacey, these kids are very appreciative of our efforts...that sure helps, knowing how much it means to them. I'll post some of their comments from their thank-you notes after I pick them up this week.

I knew you were good people despite what Wayne said :)!

:D

Back