Steve Jobs

Lance F

En-Route
PoA Supporter
Display Name

Display name:
Lance F
(Aviation related because so many pilots are using iPads.)
For Christmas I got the Steve Jobs biography by Walter Isaacson. I'm about 3/4 through its 572 pages, and it is absolutely fascinating.

I migrated to Apple stuff a couple of years ago at the prodding of my son. I became one of the many to say, "wow, this stuff is great." I can't imagine my business, flying or other personal stuff without it.

This book really shows how that happened; how one man can and did change the world.

He was flawed in many ways for sure. But those flaws, combined with genius, redefined what a company can do.

I recommend this book regardless of your computer, music or animation preferences because he raised the bar and redefined those things and many more.

I'm about half-way. Strange dude indeed. I've never thought about crying as an effective strategy in a business meeting, but have been kidded by the staff about "the stare."
(Aviation related because so many pilots are using iPads.)
For Christmas I got the Steve Jobs biography by Walter Isaacson. I'm about 3/4 through its 572 pages, and it is absolutely fascinating.

I migrated to Apple stuff a couple of years ago at the prodding of my son. I became one of the many to say, "wow, this stuff is great." I can't imagine my business, flying or other personal stuff without it.

This book really shows how that happened; how one man can and did change the world.

He was flawed in many ways for sure. But those flaws, combined with genius, redefined what a company can do.

I recommend this book regardless of your computer, music or animation preferences because he raised the bar and redefined those things and many more.

I bought a MacBook Air on an impulse last spring then replaced my broken desktop with an iMac. I still have a laptop PC but I haven't turned it on in at least a month. As I mentioned in the other thread I'm still iPadless though. I can't figure out what I would use it for except as another gadget. :dunno:

I sometimes like bios so maybe I will get the book.

I read this book last month- one of the more enjoyable reads I have done in a while. I'm sure I won't be emulating some of his leadership traits but he did get a ton of things right, like when he reduced from 63 products down to 4 upon his return to Apple. It was also very interesting to learn about the backstory to the Beatles long absence on iTunes.

Back